Who says lunchboxes have to be complicated? Turn last night’s Taco Tuesday into a delicious taco salad for lunch the next day with your leftover taco meat.
You can also go vegetarian with black beans or lentils! Get creative with toppings – add fresh cilantro, salsa, corn and more.
Nutrition Tip: The vitamin C in the romaine and tomatoes make it easier for your child’s body to soak up the iron from the ground turkey in this dish–and iron is key while kids are growing!
How do you #PowerYourLunchbox? Show us your healthy lunchboxes on Instagram using #PowerYourLunchbox.
Looking for more lunchbox ideas? We’ve got you covered with 70+ ideas including make-ahead ideas, non-sandwich lunches, ideas for repurposing leftovers, and vegetarian, nut-free and gluten-free recipes.
Or check out all of our back-to-school content on our blog. A few of our most popular posts include:
- The Ultimate Guide to Packing Healthy Lunchboxes
- After-School Snacks that Won’t Ruin Dinner
- The Best Lunchboxes for Kids
- 20 Lunchbox-Packing Tips & Hacks from Parents
- 1 cup chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup leftover turkey taco meat
- 2 tablespoons shredded Mexican cheese
- 4 Nature Fresh Farms TOMZ cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons guacamole
- 1 ounce baked tortilla chips
- Assemble taco salad with lettuce, taco meat, cheese and tomatoes.
- Place in lunchbox with guacamole, chips and Crispy Green.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we may earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 316Total Fat: 15gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 375mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 5gSugar: 4gProtein: 18g