Give Taco Tuesday a fresh veggie spin by subbing your tortillas with lettuce! It adds the perfect crunch and comes packed with vitamins and minerals like calcium, potassium and vitamin A, C and K. Simply fill with your favorite taco toppings for a yummy dinner.
Nutrition Tip: Avocados have a high-fat content, but a healthy fat at that! This creamy fruit is rich in heart-healthy monounsaturated fat and is a delicious addition to any recipe that needs some richness.
Turkey Taco Lettuce Wraps
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 8 romaine lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup lowfat shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 6 to matoes diced
- 1 avocado diced
- Heat nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add turkey and cook 5-7 minutes, or until browned and cooked through. Add taco seasoning and mix well.
- Assemble each lettuce taco with one Artisan Romaine leaf, turkey, cheese, tomatoes and avocado.