Give pizza a fun, bite-sized veggie makeover with these mini pepper pizzas! Just 4 ingredients and 10 minutes in the oven for a cheesy, crunchy snack that the whole family will love. Customize with your favorite pizza toppings to create a snack that’s unique to you.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Pero Family Farms. All opinions are our own.
If your family love pizza, this recipe is for you! We make homemade pizza pretty much every week and we’re always changing up the toppings to discover new favorites. My girls also love pizza-flavored anything!
Mini Sweet Peppers from Pero Family Farms make the perfect vessels for getting those pizza flavors into mouths too. They’re crunchy, sweet and colorful. Just cut them in half, scoop out any seeds and fill with your favorite toppings before baking.
I will say, these mini sweet peppers are get cooked or raw – in fact, we’re big fans of these Chickpea Salad Stuffed Peppers for lunch! Or these Taco-stuffed ones that are wrapped up as mummies for Halloween.
- Mini Sweet Peppers: These usually come in a bag in your local produce department. Ones that are on the larger size or “fatter” are best for stuffing.
- Pizza Sauce: I always look for one that has the least amount of added sugar, but whatever is your favorite will work. No pizza sauce? That leftover marinara works too.
- Shredded Mozzarella: The OG of pizza cheese, however you can use whatever cheese you’d like here. A little shredded Italian blend, Parmesan, provolone… go crazy!
- Mini Pepperoni: If you can’t find the mini ones, just cut regular pepperoni into quarters. Or opt for turkey pepperoni, ham, sausage, etc. (meat based or vegan).
How to Make These Mini Pepper Pizzas
This recipe is as easy as 1…2…3…
- Prep Your Peppers: Wash and dry the peppers, then slice them in half lengthwise. Scoop out any seeds and place on your baking sheet.
- Add Your Toppings: Fill with sauce, cheese and pepperoni.
- Bake to a gooey, cheesy deliciousness!
Full instructions including cook time are written below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are mini sweet peppers the same as bell peppers?
Nope. Mini sweet peppers are smaller and sweeter. They have a thinner skin, making them perfect for kids and great for snacking.
Can they be made ahead of time?
They can, but they’re much better fresh out of the oven. However, you can prep your peppers ahead of time and store in the refrigerator. Then fill them up and bake them when you’re ready.
How do you store leftovers and reheat them?
Store leftover mini pepper pizzas in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. Reheat in the oven or toaster oven at 400F for 3-5 minutes, or until heated.
Since these are so easy to make and the kids loved them, they have actually been taking them in their lunchboxes. Yes, they are just as good cold 🙂
Other Pizza Recipes to Try
- Pepperoni Pizza Rolls
- Pizza Pasta Salad
- Pizza Bagel Bites
- Pizza-Bella Stuffed Mushrooms
- Breaded Cauliflower Bites with Pizza Dipping Sauce
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
- 12 Pero Family Farms® mini sweet peppers, halved, seeded
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup mini pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Arrange halved mini sweet peppers on a baking sheet. Fill with 1 tsp. pizza sauce, top with 1 tsp. cheese and a few mini pepperoni slices.
- Bake 8-10 minutes, or until peppers soften and cheese melts.
- For best results, use mini sweet peppers that are on the larger size or “fatter” for better stuffing.
- If you can't find mini pepperoni, just quarter or chop regular pepperoni.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we may earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 4 peppers
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 83Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 222mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 4g