These easy pizza bagel bites are perfect for lunchboxes or an easy weeknight meal. Made with just 4 ingredients and ready in just minutes, everyone loves pizza bagels!
Time for a pizza party! These homemade pizza bagel bites are so easy to make and only require 4 ingredients. The adults and the kids can customize these pizzas with their favorite veggie and protein toppings. Let the kids make their own for a fuss free lunchbox idea! We always make a big batch and freeze the extras for later.
These Homemade Pizza Bagel Bites are a win-win lunchbox idea. Super simple to make, budget friendly, and well…who doesn’t love pizza? Some people think pizza is bad for you, but if you think about it, that isn’t true at all! Pizza or marinara sauce is made from tomatoes, cheese is a great source of calcium and protein, and then your other favorite toppings can be veggies or meat which is great for protein as well.
I like these mini pizzas because the kids can make these all by themselves. Having the kids participate in building their lunchboxes is super important for many reasons. One, they learn how to follow a recipe or instructions. Two, it helps them feel excited about what they are packing so are more likely to eat it at lunchtime. Three, it is a great chore for them! PLUS many other reasons. So grab all your favorite pizza toppings and the kids, and have fun making these!
Our kids kept it simple this time with turkey pepperoni and cheese. I like mine with some peppers and onions. So that is what is fun about these bagel pizzas. They are totally customizable. Do you like Hawaiian pizza? Then add some pineapple and ham. Love olives? Go for it! I recommend adding vegetables to get the kids to eat their veggies. But whatever you like will taste great either way. So let them get creative and add whatever toppings you have at the house.
Need help deciding how to top them? Check out our Build Your Own Pizza guide for endless combinations!
Key Ingredients for these Pizza Bagel Bites
- Bagels- you can use regular size or mini bagels and whatever flavor too. Sometime we try whole wheat, everything, or even onion flavored.
- Cheese- we used shredded mozzarella, but Italian blend would be great, too.
- Sauce- marinara or your favorite pizza sauce works the best!
- Turkey Pepperoni- regular pepperoni or mini pepperoni is fun, too. We like turkey pepperoni and no one really can taste the difference.
- Veggies (optional) or toppings of choice
How to make these easy Pizza Bagel Bites
First preheat the oven to 425 degrees and lay the bagels out on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Next top each bagel half with the sauce, cheese, and pepperoni. If you are adding any veggies, go for it! Then bake for about 4-6 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the edges are crisp.
Remove from oven and let cool. Serve immediately or wrap individually to pack or freeze.
Serve with your favorite fruits and vegetables like carrots and grapes. ENJOY!
Make sure to PIN IT!
How do you #PowerYourLunchbox? Show us your healthy lunchboxes on Instagram using #PowerYourLunchbox.
Looking for more lunchbox solutions?
- 25+ Nut Free Lunchbox Ideas
- 34+ Non-Sandwich Lunchbox Ideas
- 10+ Ways To Add More Fruits & Veggies To Your Child’s Lunchbox
- Ultimate Guide For Packing Healthy Lunches
- 12+ Gluten-free Lunchbox Ideas
Pizza Bagels Bites
- 2 mini whole wheat bagels sliced in half
- 2 tbsp pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 slices turkey pepperoni cut in fourths
- 1/2 cup baby carrots
- 1/2 cup red seedless grapes
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Lay bagels on parchment-lined baking sheet. Top with sauce, cheese and pepperoni.
- Bake 4-6 minutes, or until cheese is melted and edges are crisp. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Serve with carrots and grapes.