If you are looking for a fun and easy way to add more fruit to your day, these Fruit Bagels with Cream Cheese are it. Ready in just a few minutes and easily customizable, they are an excellent lunchbox idea or healthy breakfast recipe.
Have some fun in the kitchen with these fruit bagels with cream cheese! One of the things I love about these fruit bagel pizzas is that the kids can get involved in making them, and they love that they get the Okay to play with their food!
There is actually no cooking required when making these fruit bagels, however they are delicious toasted.
To make these bagels topped with cream cream and fruit, you simply spread on the cream cheese and layer on your favorite fruits. Let the kids make fun designs with the fruit if they want.
We used clementine mandarins, kiwi, blueberries and strawberries to top our bagels, but feel free to experiment with your child’s favorite fruits.
We used plain cream cheese when making these Fruit Bagels with Cream Cheese, but you can switch that up if you would like.
Cream Cheese Swaps
- Add just a touch of honey to the plain whipped cream cheese to give it a boost of sweetness.
- Use flavored cream cheese, strawberry would be delicious.
- Make this recipe dairy-free by using dairy-free cream cheese.
Additional Topping Ideas
- Shredded coconut
- Drizzle of honey or maple syrup
When to serve fruit bagels
- Breakfast is always a good time for a serving of fruit. Especially when it’s topped on a bagel!
- Lunch. The kids can definitely make these the night before and add them to lunchboxes. Depending on the age of your kiddo, you may need to help cut up the fruit. Fruit Bagels are a yummy non sandwich lunchbox idea.
- After school snack. These are so easy to make, have the kids whip one up when they get some from school to keep them full until dinner.
Pro Luncbox Packing Tip: Use the mini bagels if your child’s lunchbox has smaller compartments.
How do you #PowerYourLunchbox? Show us your healthy lunchboxes on Instagram using #PowerYourLunchbox.
Looking for more lunchbox solutions?
- 25+ Nut Free Lunchbox Ideas
- 34+ Non-Sandwich Lunchbox Ideas
- 10+ Ways To Add More Fruits & Veggies To Your Child’s Lunchbox
- Ultimate Guide For Packing Healthy Lunches
- 12+ Gluten-free Lunchbox Ideas
Fruit Bagels with Cream Cheese
- Whipped cream cheese
- Bee Sweet Citrus Clementine Mandarins peeled
- Kiwi peeled, sliced
- Strawberries sliced
- Toast bagel, if desired (not required!)
- Spread with cream cheese.
- Top with Bee Sweet Citrus Mandarins slices, kiwi, strawberries, blueberries and oranges.