This smashed chickpea salad is a great plant-based alternative to serve as a sandwich, wrap or stuffed into these adorable mini sweet peppers!
This recipe is so simple – chickpeas, avocado, lime juice, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Just mash and mix together and you’ve got a protein-packed vegan dish that’s sure to please everyone.
Mini Sweet Peppers from Pero Family Farms offer a perfect vehicle for this chickpea salad (also great for tuna salad, chicken salad and more!). With a tender yet crunchy texture and sweet taste, they pack a little extra Vitamin C into lunch to give your immune system a nutritious boost.
I also love Crispy Green® crispy fruit for lunchboxes. It’s 100% fruit and nothing else. They come in flavors like strawberry, mango and my favorite, pineapple.
We round out this lunchbox with a few veggies and Litehouse® Homestyle Ranch for dipping. This veggie-packed lunch will help fuel kiddos through the rest of the day.
How do you #PowerYourLunchbox? Show us your healthy lunchboxes on Instagram using #PowerYourLunchbox.
Looking for more lunchbox ideas? We’ve got you covered with 70+ ideas including make-ahead ideas, non-sandwich lunches, ideas for repurposing leftovers, and vegetarian, nut-free and gluten-free recipes.
Or check out all of our back-to-school content on our blog. A few of our most popular posts include:
- The Ultimate Guide to Packing Healthy Lunchboxes
- After-School Snacks that Won’t Ruin Dinner
- The Best Lunchboxes for Kids
- 20 Lunchbox-Packing Tips & Hacks from Parents
- 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 8 Pero Family Farms® Mini Sweet Peppers, halved, seeded
- 1 package Crispy Green® crispy fruit
- 1 (1.5 oz.) Litehouse® Homestyle Ranch Dip cup
- Carrots and celery
- Mash chickpeas and avocado in large bowl until desired consistency is achieved. Add lime juice, garlic powder, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Fill peppers with chickpea salad.
- Pack bento box with mini sweet peppers, crispy fruit, Ranch dip and veggies.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we may earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 226Total Fat: 8gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 376mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 10gSugar: 7gProtein: 9g