Skip the tortilla shell and go straight for all the goodness of roasted sweet potatoes, black beans, tomatoes, corn and more in these easy vegetarian taco bowls. Perfect to prep ahead of time or pack in your lunch.
Don’t you just love foods served in a bowl? There’s something so carefree about it. This vegetarian taco bowl is full of good stuff too.
The star of this dish is the roasted sweet potatoes. I could seriously eat sweet potatoes every day. Not to mention sweet potatoes are packed with vitamin A, vitamin C and are rich in anti-oxidants!
The fiber in sweet potatoes also promotes a healthy gut since they contain both soluble and insoluble fiber. This promotes the growth of good gut bacteria and helps keep your gut health in check.
How to Roast Sweet Potatoes
- Peel and chop sweet potatoes in to dice-sized pieces. Spread out on baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and seasonings. Use your hands or tongs to toss until well coated.
- Bake in 400F oven for 15-20 minutes, until tender.
Build Your Taco Bowl
Start with the base: The base is a chopped salad kit. Any brand will do, look for something similar to a Southwest or Taco flavor combo for this recipe. Salad kits also give you some fun (optional) toppings like tortilla strips, sunflower seeds and more.
Add your toppings: In this case, we’re talking about those roasted sweet potatoes, black beans, corn, tomatoes and avocado.
Mix it up: Drizzle with the dressing from your salad kit (or your favorite store-bought or homemade dressing), top with any extras and toss. Then dig in!
Taco Bowl Variations
- Swap your base for your favorite greens, quinoa or rice.
- Make it spicy by adding jalapeños, topping with a spicy salsa or upping the chili powder on the potatoes.
- Add protein with grilled chicken, steak, shrimp or your other favorite taco protein.
Similar Recipes to Try
- Easy Chopped Taco Salads
- Roasted Chickpea Buddha Bowl
- Sweet Potato & Black Bean Quesadillas
- Vegetarian Taco Zucchini Boats
- 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pkg. Southwest chopped salad kit
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 cup low-sodium black beans, drained, rinsed
- ½ cup frozen sweet corn, thawed
- ½ cup chopped tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Toss potatoes in oil, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder and salt. Add to baking sheet and bake 15-20 minutes, flipping halfway, until tender.
- Assemble salad kit with included toppings and dressing. Top with sweet potatoes, avocado, black beans, corn and tomatoes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we may earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 250Total Fat: 13gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 289mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 10gSugar: 4gProtein: 7g