The sweet and savory filling in this sweet potato and black bean quesadilla makes it the perfect vegetarian dish. Add spinach, peppers, or onions for extra veggies.
Sweet Potato & Black Bean Quesadilla
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 can low-sodium black beans drained, rinsed
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium taco seasoning
- 8 whole wheat tortillas
- 1 cup lowfat shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Prick sweet potato with fork and microwave for 5 minutes on HIGH. Let cool slightly.
- Cut in half lengthwise and scoop flesh into large bowl. Mash until smooth.
- Combine beans, cilantro, and seasoning to sweet potato and mix well.
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Spread sweet potato mixture evenly on one side of tortilla, sprinkle with cheese and place second tortilla on top. Cook 3 – 4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Flip and cook an additional 2 – 3 minutes. Repeat with remaining tortillas and mixture. Cut into quarters.