Ready for another awesome Fall recipe? This Sweet Potato & Apple Breakfast Parfait is loaded with the goods and is perfect all season long for a delicious breakfast idea. Nothing is more comforting than apples and cinnamon, and we love the addition of sweet potatoes to this recipe for a boost of Vitamin C and antioxidants. Not sure if the kids will try the sweet potatoes? Once they try this combination of sweet potatoes and apples, they will love it!
We are officially back in the swing of things. Busy mornings, busy evenings. The kids are back in school and we are on the look out for healthy and delicious (yet easy) recipes to start our day off right! These breakfast parfaits are just that. I am in the mode of all things apple at the moment. Last week we made our Healthy Apple Crisp Breakfast Bars. They were a hit with the kids so I kept experimenting. These Sweet Potato & Apple Breakfast Parfaits came out amazing! Yes sweet potatoes, apples, raisins, Greek yogurt, and granola all come together perfectly for an awesome breakfast.
Let me tell you, the smell of the apples and sweetpotatoes cooking really made me hungry and excited for all things Fall. This recipe looks complicated, but it is pretty simple. We are cooking up the apples and the sweet potatoes and then layering with the other ingredients. So grab out your pans and some bowls (or mason jars), and get to making these breakfast parfaits!
Key Ingredients for this Sweet Potato & Apple Breakfast Parfait
- Apple – we used Michigan Apples (check out our Discover 16 Types of Apples from Michigan! Post) Apples are always in our house. In this recipe we just dice them up small. Apple are loaded with Vitamin C, fiber, and can help lower blood pressure.
- Sweet Potatoes– sweetpotatoes are delicious and loaded with Vitamin A. Which can help with your vision health, is great for your immune system, and bone development.
- Greek Yogurt- this filling yogurt is a great source of protein and just sweet enough to balance this recipe.
- Raisins- raisins are great to help aid in healthy digestion. Buying the snack sized boxes are great for when you want to incorporate them into recipes like this.
- Granola- you can buy a bag from the store or make your own.
How to make these Sweet Potato & Apple Breakfast Parfaits
First start by melting the butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Then add the diced apple and sweet potato, cover and cook for about 5-7 minutes, or until tender but still firm.
Next stir in the cinnamon and vanilla. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
In two bowls or even mason jars, alternate the sweet potato and apple mixture, yogurt, and granola beginning and ending with the sweet potato and apples. Top with raisins. Enjoy right away or refrigerate for breakfast for the week!
Make sure to Pin It!
Sweet Potato & Apple Breakfast Parfait
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 Michigan apple diced
- 1 small sweet potato peeled, diced
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup granola
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- Melt butter in small skillet over medium heat. Add apple and sweet potato, cover and cook 5-7 minutes, or until tender but still firm. Stir in cinnamon and vanilla. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- In two bowls, alternate sweet potato and apple mixture, yogurt, and granola beginning and ending with the sweet potato and apples. Top with raisins.