Knowing salsa can often be too spicy for the little ones, this recipe is made with just a little heat and a drizzle of honey for added sweetness (you can totally omit the heat if desired). The Village Farms® Heavenly Villagio Marzano® tomatoes are roasted first, giving this salsa a new layer of flavors. Pair with your favorite chips or veggies for dipping, or use as a topping for tacos, chicken or fish.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Village Farms. All opinions are our own.
- 1 pound Village Farms® Heavenly Villagio Marzano® tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded, diced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Spread tomatoes in an even layer on rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and toss to coat.
- Roast 15 minutes, then add garlic cloves and roast an additional 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes.
- Once tomatoes are cooled, slip skins off as much as possible. Dice tomatoes and garlic to desired chunkiness.
- Mix tomatoes, garlic, jalapeno, lime juice, onion, cilantro, honey, salt and pepper until combined.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 45Total Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 203mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 1g