Zucchini boats are a family favorite in our house. This recipe is packed with protein and baked to perfection. For added flavor, top with fresh cilantro and plain Greek yogurt.
Roasted Vegetarian Taco Zucchini Boats
- 6 medium zucchini cut in half lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 red bell pepper seeded, diced
- 1 cup low-sodium black beans drained, rinsed
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup quartered grape tomatoes
- 1/2 small onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons homemade taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup Mexican cheese
- 1/2 cup salsa
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Hollow out center of zucchini halves with spoon or melon baller, leaving ¼-inch thick outer shell. Brush with 1 Tbsp. oil and place on large baking sheet coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix cooked quinoa, pepper, beans, corn, tomatoes, onion, taco seasoning and garlic powder in large bowl.
- Scoop mixture in zucchini halves. Top with salsa and cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes, or until zucchini is tender and cheese is melted.