Zucchini boats are a family favorite in our house. This recipe is packed with protein and baked to perfection. For added flavor, top with fresh cilantro and plain Greek yogurt.
- 6 medium zucchini, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, diced
- 1 cup low-sodium black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup quartered grape tomatoes
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup Mexican cheese
- 1/2 cup salsa
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Hollow out center of zucchini halves with spoon or melon baller, leaving ¼-inch thick outer shell. Brush with 1 Tbsp. oil and place on large baking sheet coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix cooked quinoa, pepper, beans, corn, tomatoes, onion, taco seasoning and garlic powder in large bowl.
- Scoop mixture in zucchini halves. Top with salsa and cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes, or until zucchini is tender and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 428Total Fat: 12gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 296mgCarbohydrates: 61gFiber: 10gSugar: 10gProtein: 12g