Sweeten up your grilled cheese with fresh blackberries! This fruity take on the classic will have kids asking for seconds.
Grilled cheese is one of those classic kid foods, and one I still enjoy as an adult. Grilled cheese and tomato soup was a regular go-to growing up.
Whether you’re snuggling up to this classic comfort food on a chilly day, enjoying as a quick lunch or dinner, or looking to expand your child’s taste with a new spin, this blackberry grilled cheese is the perfect recipe to try.
I mean, just look at this cheesy goodness!
Blackberries are high in antioxidants, fiber and Vitamin C, making them a delicious superfood and health booster. They make a great snack too!
- 1 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. stone-ground mustard
- 4 slices whole-grain bread
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- 10-12 Driscoll's® blackberries, cut in half
- Heat a medium-sized skillet over low heat.
- Mix mayonnaise and mustard in small bowl and spread on one side of each slice of bread.
- Place bread mayo-side-down in skillet. Top with cheese and blackberries. Add second slice of bread mayo-side-up.
- Cook 3-4 minutes per side, or until bread is toasted and cheese is melted.