If you love caramelized onions, you’ll love this flatbread! Caramelized onions, tangy goat cheese, and peppery arugula are topped with a sweet balsamic glaze for an easy and delicious meal. Caramelize your onions ahead of time and this flatbread to ready to eat in just 15 minutes!
Nutrition Tip: Onions are in the same family as garlic and contain natural health-boosting compounds. The plant chemicals that make them so fragrant may protect against certain kinds of cancer.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon veggie stock
- 1 pre-made thin-crust flatbread
- 2 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 3 ounces goat cheese
- 1 cup organic arugula
- 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze
- Heat butter in skillet over medium-low heat. Add onions and cook, stirring frequently, 30-40 minutes. Once onions begin to soften and brown, sprinkle with salt and stir in stock. Cook additional 1-2 minutes and remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Lay flatbread on baking sheet. Brush with 1 tsp. olive oil and top with caramelized onions and goat cheese. Bake 8-12 minutes, or until cheese melts and crust is crisp. Remove from oven.
- Toss arugula with 1 tsp. olive oil, salt and pepper. Top flatbread with arugula and drizzle with balsamic glaze.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 279Total Fat: 13gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 463mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 8g