The traditional Caprese salad of tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and basil gets an upgrade with the addition of avocado and a balsamic glaze in this delicious Avocado Caprese Salad that’s ready in just 10 minutes.
I love the simplicity of a Caprese Salad. All fresh ingredients, nothing super fancy, but those flavors all work perfectly together. The mild flavors from the mozzarella, the burst of freshness from the tomatoes, and don’t forget the basil! I can almost taste it! We added avocado to this simple salad and it took it to a whole new level. If you like Caprese Salad, you are going to love this Avocado Caprese Salad. And there’s only one extra step in the preparation process, so it’s still simply delicious…and easy to make.
This Avocado Caprese Salad is ready in just 10 minutes and you can prep it ahead of time. If you would like to prep this Avocado Caprese Salad ahead of time just leave out the avocado and balsamic glaze until ready to serve.
- Tomato slices instead of grape or cherry tomatoes.
- Pesto for a different level of flavors to replace the balsamic glaze. Use store-bought or homemade.
- Add grilled chicken right to the salad for a complete meal.
Nutrition Tip: Yes, avocados contain fat–a good kind called monounsaturated that’s healthy for the heart. They also boast phytosterols, natural plant chemicals that help lower cholesterol.
Avocado Caprese Salad
- 4 ounces fresh mini mozzarella balls
- 1 pint grape tomatoes halved
- 1 avocado diced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic glaze
- Mix cheese, tomatoes, avocado, basil and oil in large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze just before serving.