Are you ready for a fresh new salad recipe to try? This Arugula-Quinoa Salad with Fresh Peaches is a flavor-packed dish complete with peppery arugula, protein-packed quinoa, sliced peaches, crunchy pistachios, and salty queso fresco. Add some grilled chicken to make this salad more hearty, or serve alongside fish for a light summer meal.
As most of you know, we love a good salad recipe around here. Some of my favorites include our Roasted Butternut Squash Sweet Kale Salad and our Raspberry Walnut Salad. There is something about enjoying fresh greens with toppings that help make you feel great. Well, it is peach season here and I am all about adding fresh peaches into my recipes when I can!
Nutrition Tip: Quinoa (pronounced KEEN-wah) is a complete protein, which is rare for plant foods. It’s also gluten-free, so it’s safe for kids with celiac disease or gluten intolerance.
We found some fresh peaches at the Farmer’s Market last week and I have been adding them to everything! And I mean everything. We have made smoothies, pizzas, and even some broiled peaches for dessert. I have been on a roll. There is nothing better than a fresh peach when they are in season. Juicy, flavorful, and perfect to help celebrate the warmer months.
What we love About This Salad with Fresh Peaches
Peaches in a salad? Absolutely! They add a bright, refreshing twist over some fresh greens. Quinoa in there, too? Yes! We are loading this salad up with some protein, texture, and flavor. I promise you- you are gonna want to try this one.
Key Ingredients for this Arugula-Quinoa Salad
- Cooked Quinoa– this seed is a power food! See below for more on quinoa.
- Peach– adding fruit to your salad is a great way to give yourself a boost of Vitamins. Peaches are loaded with Vitamins A & C, potassium, and anti-oxidants.
- Pistachios– this nut offers a nice crunch to the salad. The pistachio also offers up some great heart healthy benefits, too!
- Crumbled Queso Fresco
- Arugula– this leafy green is actually a part of the cabbage and mustard green family. This green is slightly tart and peppery in flavor.
What is Quinoa?
Quinoa is a plant with an edible seed. The seed itself is eaten like a grain and when cooked becomes softer. This seed is packed with protein and fiber. So if you have never tried quinoa, this salad recipe is a great way to incorporate it into your diet.
How to Prepare this Fresh Arugula Salad with Quinoa
First cook the quinoa according to the package directions.
Next whisk the oil, lemon juice, mustard and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
Then combine the fresh arugula, cooked quinoa, sliced peaches, pistachios and queso fresco in a large bowl.
Drizzle with the dressing and toss to coat. Serve fresh and enjoy!
Make sure to PIN IT!
Arugula-Quinoa Salad with Fresh Peaches
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 peach sliced
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios
- 1/4 cup crumbled queso fresco
- Whisk oil, lemon juice, mustard and salt in small bowl. Set aside.
- Combine arugula, quinoa, peaches, pistachios and queso fresco in large bowl. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat.