This arugula and quinoa salad is a flavor-packed dish complete with peppery arugula, protein-packed quinoa, fresh peaches, crunchy pistachios, and salty queso fresco. Add some grilled chicken to make this salad more hearty, or serve alongside fish for a light summer meal.
Nutrition Tip: Quinoa (pronounced KEEN-wah) is a complete protein, which is rare for plant foods. It’s also gluten-free, so it’s safe for kids with celiac disease or gluten intolerance.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 peach, sliced
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios
- 1/4 cup crumbled queso fresco
- Whisk oil, lemon juice, mustard and salt in small bowl. Set aside.
- Combine arugula, quinoa, peaches, pistachios and queso fresco in large bowl. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 194Total Fat: 13gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 230mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 6g