Ready in under 15 minutes, this grilled peach flatbread is a must this peach season. Sweet, in-season peaches, goat cheese, balsamic vinegar on top of a warm flatbread is simply perfection!
Is there anything quite like fresh peaches? Something about being able to buy peaches at the store or farmer’s market screams Summer Is Officially Here! I love coming up with creative ways to use in-season produce. And toss that on top of a flatbread…well, that’s a win-win in my book! Plus, I’m more liking to get the kids to eat something a bit different if it’s on a pizza 😉
When are peaches in season?
Florida peaches are in season April and May.
Georgia peaches are in season mid-May to early August.
Tips For Selecting Peaches
When selecting peaches, look for a creamy gold to yellow under color. The red or “blush” of a peach is an indication of variety, not ripeness. Be sure to smell the fruit, it should have a sweet fragrance. Be gentle when selecting peaches, they bruise easy! Learn more about peaches on our Peach Produce Tips page.
Health Benefits Of Peaches
Peaches are a good source of both A and C vitamins. They’re also a great source of dietary fiber. Peach skin contains high levels of antioxidants, which can help protect against harmful free radicals. I absolutely love eating the peach skin, how about you? My husband always peels his and it makes me sad! Peaches may also help improve eye health and reduce the risk of some types of cancer.
Why Grill Peaches
Did you know that grilling fruit makes them even sweeter? Yes! Grilled peaches are a special treat all on their own. Grilling peaches makes them extra sweet and extra juicy. Grill a few extra slices for ice cream for dessert after you have this Grilled Peach Flatbread 😉 We were able to grill our peaches in small slices because we used a grill pan, if your don’t, I recommend grilling peach halves. It’s a sad day when you lose a peach slice to the bottom of your grill!
Grilled Peach Flatbread Key Ingredients
- Fresh Peaches!
- Naan or your choice or flatbread
- Goat Cheese
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Arugula – I know not everyone likes the taste of arugula, it can be a bit strong, but I recommend giving it a try on this flatbread recipe, it pairs perfectly with the sweet peaches.
Looking for more ways to enjoy peaches? Here are a few of our favorite peach recipes:
- Peach Arugula and Quinoa Salad
- Sparkling Peach Punch
- Peach Hand Pies
- Broiled Peaches topped with Greek Yogurt and Almonds
- Grilled Peach Salad with Bacon
Grilled Peach Flatbread with Goat Cheese FAQs
Q: When are peaches in season?
A: Peaches are in season from mid-May through early August. Florida peaches are available in April and May.
Q: What are the health benefits of peaches?
A: Peaches are a good source of vitamins A and C. They also contain antioxidants, fiber, and may help improve eye health and reduce cancer risk.
Q: Why grill peaches for this flatbread recipe?
A: Grilling peaches makes them extra sweet and juicy. The high heat caramelizes the natural sugars.
Q: What are the main ingredients in the Grilled Peach Flatbread?
A: The main ingredients are fresh peaches, naan or flatbread, goat cheese, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and arugula.
Q: How long does it take to make the Grilled Peach Flatbread?
A: This easy flatbread recipe takes just 15 minutes – 5 minutes prep time and 10 minutes cook time.
Ready to get grilling? Here is our easy Grilled Peach Flatbread recipe. Enjoy!
Grilled Peach Flatbread
- 2 large naan or flatbread
- 2 fresh peaches sliced
- ¼ cup goat cheese crumbles
- 1-2 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- fresh arugula if desired
- Preheat the grill or grill pan.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grill naan bread until it’s softened and is lightly grilled.
- Place peach slices onto the grill or grill pan and sear for about 1 minute per side.
- Using a pastry brush, spread olive oil onto grilled naan.
- Add goat cheese and peaches.
- Cook for 5 minutes in the oven, or place back onto the grill, cover, and cook on a low heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Add fresh arugula if desired
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar right before serving.
- Slice and serve hot.