The Mexican-inspired potatoes are a healthful gluten-free meal. Make extra of the beef/veggie mixture to use later in the week for quesadillas or tacos salad. Top potatoes with 1 Tbsp. lowfat cheese or Greek yogurt for extra protein.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 russet potatoes
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 3/4 cup no-salt-added corn
- 1 (16 oz) can low-sodium black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, optional
- Preheat oven 400°F.
- Scrub and dry potatoes. Rub with 1 tsp. oil and prick with fork. Bake for 45 - 60 minutes, or until skins are crispy and insides are soft.
- Heat remaining oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add beef and cook for about 10 minutes, or until no longer pink. Drain fat from pan.
- Return pan to heat; add onion, peppers, garlic, chili powder, oregano and cumin. Cook for 5 minutes. Add corn and beans and cook for 2 minutes or until onion is translucent and beef is no longer pink.
- While beef mixture is cooking, mix tomato, avocado, lime juice and cilantro in small bowl. Let marinate.
- Once potatoes are cooked, remove from oven and let cool slightly. Cut potatoes in half and scoop out ½ of potato flesh from each half and reserve for other use.
- Fill each half with ⅛ beef and vegetable mixture. Top with ⅛ avocado and tomato mixture.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 potato
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 645Total Fat: 11gSodium: 63mgCarbohydrates: 109gFiber: 19gProtein: 32g