This light, simple and refreshing salad combines tender salad greens, fresh raspberries, tangy goat cheese and crunchy walnuts, topped off with a simple homemade raspberry vinaigrette.
Fruit on salads – yay or nay? I say yay! Technically, tomatoes are a fruit and you see them on salads all the time. Fruit offers a juicy sweetness that can really take a salad to the next level.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Salad Greens – Go with a tender green like spinach, baby kale or spring mix for this salad.
- Raspberries – So delicious in this salad! You can also swap or add in other berries, fresh cherries, apples or pears.
- Goat Cheese – Plain or honey goat cheese pairs so nicely. Not a goat cheese fan? Fresh mozzarella, shredded Parmesan or Feta work well too.
- Walnuts – Great for crunch and heart-healthy fats. Other nuts like pistachios, sliced almonds or pecan are great too.
- Vinaigrette – A simple mix of olive oil, red wine vinegar and raspberry jam.
Raspberries are high in fiber and Vitamin C, making them a great addition to any meal. Look for raspberries that are firm with a deep color, and store them unwashed in the fridge. Simply rinse with cool water and pay dry with a paper towel when ready to add to your salad.
- 2½ Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. raspberry jam
- 5 oz. Fresh Express Spring Mix salad greens
- ¾ cup Driscoll's® raspberries
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts
- 2 oz. crumbled goat cheese
- Whisk oil, vinegar and jam in small bowl or mason jar. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Combine salad greens, raspberries, walnuts and goat cheese. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we may earn a commission from qualifying purchases.