After School Snack Board
Keep kids fueled with this easy to make after school snack board. Ready in just 10 minutes and filled with healthy snacks for kids.
If your kids are hungry when they get home from school or between classes while distance learning, this easy-to-assemble kids snack board will help keep hunger at bay! This healthy after school snack idea can be made in under 10 minutes and the kids will love it!
My girls just finished week 2 of at-home learning, which will be our reality for at least the first quarter of this new school year. My oldest started high school this year and has back-to-back classes pretty much all day, while my youngest has morning and afternoon blocks for learning.
After school ends, and before we jet off to their socially-distanced tennis lessons, a hearty snack is always needed to help fuel them through practice and hold them over until dinner.
I’m known on our team as queen of the snack boards, and they’re usually my go-to for the girls. We’re not talking about anything complicated, things don’t need to be perfect.
Key Ingredients for your after school snack board
- Fresh Fruit
- Sliced cheese
Why we love making after school snack boards
- They are easy! As a parent, it makes my afternoons a bit easier when I can have a healthy snack ready for the kids in minutes.
- Kids love them! Actually, us adults do too. So, if mom and dad need a healthy snack idea, it’s never a bad idea to make a quick snack board filled with your healthy favorites.
- You can easily customize them with your favorite healthy after-school snacks.
For this board, we have a few of these Chickpea Salad Stuffed Mini Sweet Peppers, veggies (celery, tomatoes and carrots) with Ranch for dipping, SunGold kiwi, mandarins, apple slices, granola and chocolate chips (Charli’s favorite).
How do you #PowerYourLunchbox? Show us your healthy lunchboxes on Instagram using #PowerYourLunchbox.
Looking for more lunchbox solutions?
- 25+ Nut Free Lunchbox Ideas
- 34+ Non-Sandwich Lunchbox Ideas
- 10+ Ways To Add More Fruits & Veggies To Your Child’s Lunchbox
- Ultimate Guide For Packing Healthy Lunches
- 12+ Gluten-free Lunchbox Ideas
After School Snack Board
- [4 chickpea salad stuffed mini sweet peppers]
- 1 mandarin peeled, segmented
- 1 SunGold™ kiwi peeled, sliced
- 1 stalk celery cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 Granny Smith apple sliced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup baby carrots
- 1/4 cup Ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup granola
- 2 Tbsp. chocolate chips
- Assemble all ingredients on snack board or large plate.