Friday night pizza night made easy with these simple Caprese French Bread Pizzas! Crunchy French bread topped with fresh mozzarella and tomatoes and baked to perfection.
A classic Caprese salad is made of fresh tomatoes, mozarella and basil, drizzled with olive oil and seasoned with salt and pepper – I’m getting hungry just thinking about it!
For a non-traditional, but oh-so-tasty Caprese salad, try this one made with avocados!
Turn those same ingredients onto a delicious and easy French bread pizza for your next family movie night.
Don’t be afraid to get creative. I love to swap out the olive oil and use pesto as a base. Adding a drizzle of balsamic glaze is also a must!
Baked Caprese French Bread Pizza
- 1 loaf French bread
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese sliced
- 4 to matoes sliced
- 8 basil leaves chopped
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic glaze optional
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut French bread into fourths, then slice each fourth in half lengthwise to make 8 even pieces.
- Place bread on baking sheet. Brush with olive oil and season with garlic powder. Top with cheese and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Bake 6-8 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bread is toasted.
- Remove from the oven and top with chopped basil. Drizzle with balsamic glaze, if desired.