Enjoy a taste of summer with this grilled flatbread recipe. Fresh cherries, goat cheese and arugula pair for a delicious combination, and the balsamic glaze adds a touch of sweetness.
We love this flatbread combination for our family flatbread Fridays. Typically, on Friday nights we put out toppings and let everyone get creative with their own flatbread. It’s fun to try each other’s creations.
For this flatbread, we used fresh cherries, goat cheese and arugula – such a yummy combination. The kids have fun adding the balsamic glaze for a touch of sweetness.
Nutrition Tip: Having trouble sleeping at night? Studies have shown that cherries promote the production of more melatonin, a hormone that helps the body fall asleep and stay asleep during the night.
This flatbread can be grilled or baked in the oven. Simply assemble pizzas and place in preheated 400°F oven for 10 minutes or grill for 3-4 minutes until grill marks appear on bottom and bread is heated through.
You can make your own flatbread from homemade dough or look for ready-made flatbreads at your local grocery store.
- 2 naan flatbreads
- 8 ounces goat cheese, softened, crumbled
- 20 cherries, pitted, halved
- 3 cups arugula
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar glaze
- Preheat grill on low heat.
- Place flatbreads on large cutting board or plate. Top with goat cheese, cherries and arugula. Drizzle with balsamic.
- Transfer flatbreads directly onto grill and cook 3-4 minutes, or until grill marks appear on the bottom and bread is heated through. Transfer back to cutting board to cut and serve.