Turn asparagus into an elegant appetizer or side dish using puff pastry and goat cheese to make these little bundles.
If you’re looking for a new dish to serve at Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter or for Sunday Supper, look no further. These Asparagus Puff Pastry Bundles are so simple to make and will look great next to any main dish.
Make sure to thaw the puff pastry ahead of time. Place in the fridge overnight or sit out on the counter about 30-45 minutes before you’re ready to use it.
Get your kids involved helping to roll out and cut the puff pastry, layer on the goat cheese and asparagus and roll up the bundles.
For tips on how to select, store and prep asparagus, check out our Produce Tips page.
Asparagus Puff Pastry Bundles
- 1 sheet puff pastry thawed
- 2 oz. goat cheese crumbled
- 30 asparagus spears about 1 lb., ends trimmed
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly dust a clean surface with flour. Unroll puff pastry. Use a rolling pin to thin out until it’s about half as thick. Using a pizza cutter or knife, cut into 6 rectangles.
- Divide goat cheese equally in a diagonal on puff pastry rectangles. Top cheese with 5 asparagus spears. Season with salt and pepper.
- Wrap ends of puff pastry over top. Brush with milk.
- Bake 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Serve hot.