Look no further than this salmon pasta for a quick and easy meal. Made with simple ingredients and fresh asparagus for an easy weeknight dinner.
I’ve been making this recipe for years. It’s a go-to when I’m craving something light and fresh but too tired to cook.
This salmon pasta also reheats well, making it great to pack for lunch the next day. It’s also great cold!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Asparagus – Trim off any rough ends and chop into 1-inch pieces for easy roasting.
- Pasta – Any type of pasta works well – rotini (which we use here), penne, small shells, bowties, etc.
- Salmon – Canned salmon works so well here and makes this recipe super easy. Or you could cook a salmon filet and break it up into chunks.
- Parmesan Cheese – Skip the kind in the green can and go for freshly grated for tons of flavor.
- Seasonings – Fresh dill, lemon juice and garlic powder, plus salt and pepper to taste.
Just roast the asparagus, boil your pasta and throw everything together. It couldn’t be easier!
- 1 lb. asparagus, rough ends trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp. (plus 1 tsp.) olive oil, divided
- 8 oz. rotini pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 1 (6 oz.) can boneless, skinless salmon
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh dill, chopped
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place asparagus on baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 tsp. olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake 10 minutes, or until tender.
- Combine cooked pasta, asparagus, salmon, lemon juice, 2 Tbsp. olive oil, dill and garlic powder in large bowl. Stir to coat well. Sprinkle with cheese before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we may earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 393Total Fat: 15gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 359mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 5gSugar: 4gProtein: 21g