Not only are these no-bake energy bites with cranberries and pistachios healthy and delicious, but they’re easy enough for kids to make themselves! They’re a great lunchbox option and after-school snack the entire family will enjoy.
Disclosure: This recipe was created in partnership with US Cranberries. All opinions are our own.
What’s So Great About These Cranberry Pistachio No-Bake Energy Bites?
When hungry kids come a-calling, having a stash of these no-bake energy bites with cranberries and pistachios in the fridge will leave you feeling like a super mom! Packed with oats, dried cranberries, pistachios, peanut butter, and flaxseed, they’re completed with a touch of sweetness from the all-natural maple syrup.
These granola bites will help fill kids up and keep hunger at bay until dinner’s ready!
Nutrition Tip: Pistachios are a good source of plant-based protein and are rich in fiber and healthy unsaturated fats. All three of those nutrients help make them an especially satisfying ingredient.
Aside from the nutritional benefits, I love that these require no baking and are easy enough that kids can make themselves. (Hello, independence building!) To make scooping and rolling these energy bites easier, we use a small cookie scoop to get the perfect, uniform size every time.
Keep a stash in the fridge as an easy-to-grab healthy snack the whole family will love. Plus, they’re perfect to throw in your bag if you’re on the go. Whether you’re fueling an active kid, holding off hunger until dinner, or embarking on a family road trip, these will be a hit!
I should warn you, though … you won’t be able to stop snacking on them! We’ve been making a batch almost every week, and they never last long.
Key Ingredients for Cranberry and Pistachio No-Bake Energy Bites
- Old Fashioned Oats: Opt for these over instant for the added benefits of whole grains and more fiber.
- Dried Cranberries: These ruby-tone sweets are packed with antioxidants and vitamins in every bite!
- Pistachios: These delicious nuts are rich in plant-based protein, fiber, and unsaturated fats. Plus, the pop of green compliments the red from the cranberries.
- Peanut Butter: Creamy, not chunky; and natural, not processed. You’ll get plenty of sugar from the maple syrup, so avoid going overboard with sweetness by using natural.
- Maple Syrup: Opt for 100% all-natural, pure maple syrup. This plant-based sweetener has a ton of vitamins and none of the junk found in processed sugar. (Honey would also work if you prefer its taste to maple syrup.)
- Vanilla Extract: Just a teaspoon of pure vanilla extract adds a level of flavor that brings all of the ingredients together and makes these no-bake energy bites reminiscent of freshly baked cookies.
Ways to Customize Energy Bites
- Go Nut-Free: Swap the peanut butter for Sunbutter and the pistachios for pumpkin seeds.
- Add Some Fun: White chocolate and semi-sweet chocolate chips are a great addition to this recipe, as well as seasonings like cinnamon or nutmeg. Coconut flakes would be wonderful, too!
- Easy Swaps: Use your favorite nut butter in place of peanut butter, or use almonds, peanuts, or cashews in place of pistachios
- Increase the Nutrition: Add a little extra flaxseed or stir in some chia seeds for a boost of Omega-3 fatty acids and fiber.
Love energy bites? Check out this round-up of our top 20 no-bake energy bite recipes!
How To Make No-Bake Energy Bites in 3 Easy Steps
- To make these no-bake cranberry and pistachio energy bites, simply (and gently) mix the oatmeal, dried cranberries, pistachios, peanut butter, maple syrup, vanilla, and flaxseed (if using) in large mixing bowl. Cover and refrigerate 1-2 hours.
- Once thoroughly chilled, scoop the “dough” out with a cookie scoop or spoon and roll into 1-inch balls.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator, and enjoy!
Tip: These no-bake energy bites are also delicious when eaten frozen and the perfect, filling snack on a hot summer day. Just make sure they’re not rock hard when you take a bite. (You don’t anyone want to chip a tooth!)
How To Store No-Bake Energy Bites with Cranberries and Pistachios
Place assembled energy bites in an airtight container or plastic bag and store in the refrigerator for up to one week (or in the freezer for up to three months).
More Recipes To Try
If you enjoyed these no-bake energy bites with cranberries and pistachios, then you’ll love these other easy snack recipes:
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup shelled pistachios, chopped
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. ground flaxseed (optional)
- Mix oatmeal, dried cranberries, pistachios, peanut butter, maple syrup, vanilla and flaxseed in large mixing bowl. Cover and refrigerate 1-2 hours.
- Once chilled, scoop out and roll into 1-inch balls.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
- Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we may earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1 energy bite
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 89Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 34mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 2g