Decorations aren’t the only way to make your holiday party festive! Serve this Christmas Tree Veggie Tray for some added holiday spirit and a yummy snack. This fun veggie tray is the perfect appetizer all season long. Staying home? This just makes a great snack to have around the house, too.
Veggie and fruit platters seem to be a staple at most holiday get together’s. I wanted to come up with something fun this year so we made this Christmas Tree Veggie Tray loaded with broccoli, bell peppers, and some cherry tomatoes. We had a cute little Christmas tree platter which made this easy to form, but you could easily do it on a regular platter as well.
All year long, and especially during the holidays, I find it important to have the kids participate in helping with cooking, cleaning, and getting ready for parties. It really seems to help them with responsibility and they take more pride in whatever we are working on. We love whipping up new festive ideas together and they helped with this easy vegetable tray idea.
The kids washed and cut up the broccoli, placed it on the platter, and even sliced the bell peppers with our favorite kid friendly knives. So, let them help! It is a great way to spend some quality time with each other during the busy holiday season.
Looking for more fun snacks for the holiday season? We’ve got you covered with these ideas!
Key Ingredients for this Christmas Tree Veggie Tray
- Broccoli– this power veggie is the star of the show in this vegetable platter. Great to snack on, easy to dip, and loaded with healthy benefits. Broccoli is a great source of dietary fiber, Vitamin C & K, and is great for your heart health.
- Yellow Bell Peppers– we sliced up these peppers as a bright decoration on the tree. You could also use red bell peppers too. Bell Peppers are great to fight against bad cholesterol, can help ease inflammation in the body, and can help control diabetes.
- Cherry Tomatoes– these bite sized tomatoes make the perfect lights and ornaments on this veggie tray. Sweet, juicy, and great for you, too.
- Star Fruit- we used this juicy fruit for the star on top. No need to form it, they are already are the perfect star shape.
Of course if you want to customize this a bit go for it. You could use some green bell peppers, mozzarella balls, or other favorite festive colored fruits or veggies.
How to assemble the Christmas Tree Veggie Tray
If you have a Christmas Tree platter, start with that. If not, any platter will do.
Then arrange the broccoli on the platter in the shape of a Christmas tree.
Decorate with the pepper strips and cherry tomatoes. Top with the sliced starfruit and place pretzels at the bottom to form the “trunk”.
Make sure to PIN IT!
Christmas Tree Veggie Tray
- 1 12 oz. package broccoli florets
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper cut into strips
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 slice star fruit
- 8 pretzel sticks
- Arrange broccoli on platter in the shape of a Christmas tree. Decorate with pepper strips and cherry tomatoes. Top with starfruit and place pretzels at bottom to form trunk.