Game day called for handheld snacks! These baked potato skins are topped with broccoli, Cheddar cheese, and a drizzle of Ranch dressing for easy portability and snacking, even during the most intense games.
Add chicken to pump up the protein, swap in cauliflower, or top with your favorite cheese to personalize for your family.
Nutrition Tip: Do your kids think broccoli looks like little trees? The name actually comes from the Latin word for “branch”. These tiny branches are loaded with vitamin C and disease-fighting compounds.
- 6 russet potatoes
- 2 cups cooked, chopped broccoli florets
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- Prick potatoes several times with a fork. Microwave on HIGH 5 minutes per potato, set aside to cool. Alternatively, prick potatoes with fork and place on baking sheet. Bake 45-60 minutes in 400F oven or until tender. Let cool.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out inside of potato (this can be mixed with toppings or saved for another dish, like mashed potatoes). Spray skins cooking spray and place back on baking sheet.
- Top potato skin halves with broccoli and cheese. Bake additional 5-7 minutes, or until heated through and cheese melts. Top with Ranch dressing.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 149Total Fat: 5.8gCholesterol: 10.8mgSodium: 151.3mgCarbohydrates: 20.3gFiber: 2.3gSugar: 1.4gProtein: 4.1g