Who’s ready for game day? These buffalo chicken stuffed potato skins combine to popular game day foods – buffalo wings and potato skins – for a handheld appetizer that’s sure to be a crowd-pleaser!
You can feel a little better about serving them for your game day spread too, no fried foods required.
Nutrition Tip: Potatoes have more potassium than bananas, and contrary to what you might’ve heard, there’s fiber in the skin AND the flesh. They’ve even got some protein and iron (and just 110 calories for a whole medium potato).
- 6 small-to-medium RPE, Inc. russet potatoes
- 1 ½ cups cooked shredded chicken breast
- 2-3 tablespoons buffalo sauce
- ¾ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup Litehouse® Homestyle Blue Cheese dressing
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Prick potatoes several times with a fork. Microwave on HIGH 5 minutes per potato, set aside to cool. Alternatively, prick potatoes with fork and place on baking sheet. Bake 45-60 minutes in 400F oven or until tender. Let cool.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out inside of potato (this can be mixed with toppings or saved for another dish, like mashed potatoes). Spray skins cooking spray and place back on baking sheet.
- Mix chicken and buffalo sauce. Add to potato skin halves and top with cheese. Bake 5-7 minutes, or until heated through and cheese melts. Top with blue cheese dressing and green onions.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 179Total Fat: 4.9gCholesterol: 35.2mgSodium: 200.6mgCarbohydrates: 19.7gFiber: 2.1gSugar: 1.4gProtein: 14g