Looking for a cute and festive holiday appetizer? This Thanksgiving Turkey Fruit Tray is loaded with fresh fruits, festive colors, and is super easy to assemble. The adults and the kids will enjoy nibbling off of this “turkey platter”.
Our family loves coming up with themed items for all of the holidays! Last year we made A Turkey Snack Board and it was such a hit. That one was loaded with veggies so this year we wanted to do a fruit filled version. This Thanksgiving Turkey Fruit Tray features fresh apples, mandarins, kiwi fruit, and grapes to create the perfect holiday treat to snack on while gathering with family and friends. The best part is that this so easy to make, the kids can help assemble the whole fruit platter.
If you are looking for other great Thanksgiving ideas make sure to check out our Fun & Healthy Thanksgiving Treats for Kids
Key Ingredients for this Thanksgiving Turkey Fruit Tray
- Apple– since apples are in season, they are a great addition to this festive fruit board. Slice them up thinly to create the top of the feathers. To keep them from browning before serving you can toss them in some apple juice or even Sprite. We know that apples are great for you , too! Loaded with Vitamin C , Fiber, and antioxidants.
- Mandarins- these little fun fruits are a great source of soluble fiber, are fat free, and are a low sodium fruit. So great for snacking. Plus they add wonderful color to this fruit platter.
- Kiwi Fruit– a family favorite, Kiwi is so juicy, tasty, and loaded with essential Vitamins and minerals. Kiwis always seem like such a treat to snack on.
- Grapes– the perfect bite sized snack for any get together, grapes are always in season, delicious, and a great source of Vitamin C.
- Pear– we used a Bartlett Pear to form the body of the turkey. Although most people probably won’t want to eat the body of the turkey, pears are a great source of fiber, Vitamin C, and potassium.
Of course if you have other fruit laying around the kitchen you can incorporate them into the platter. Other fruits that would be fun for this board would be sliced strawberries, blueberries, or even pineapple. Want to incorporate some veggies to make this an all-in-one appetizer? Do some of the layers with carrot or celery sticks!
How to Assemble this Thanksgiving Turkey Fruit Tray
First start by placing the sliced pear face down on a large serving platter. Then start layering the fruit around the turkey. Layer apples, oranges, kiwi and grapes around pear to form the turkey’s feathers.
Place 2 carrots under pear to form its feet.
Cut other carrot into 3 pieces and place on pear to form arms and a beak, and use chocolate chips for the eyes. COver and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Make sure to PIN it!
Thanksgiving Turkey Fruit Tray
- 1/2 Bartlett pear sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 apple cored, sliced
- 2 mandarins peeled, segmented
- 2 kiwi peeled, sliced
- 10 red seedless grapes
- 4 green seedless grapes
- 3 matchstick carrots
- 2 mini chocoalte chips
- Place pear on serving plate.
- Layer apples, oranges, kiwi and grapes around pear to form the turkey’s feathers.
- Place 2 carrots under pear to form its feet.
- Cut other carrot into 3 pieces and place on pear to form arms and a beak, and use chocolate chips for the eyes.