A bagged salad, leftover rotisserie chicken and a few other simple ingredients make for an easy salad. This recipe packs perfectly in lunchboxes or layered in a mason jar for mom or dad.
To assemble these salads in mason jars (like all those pretty mason jar salad you see on Instagram), add your dressing to the bottom then layer your dryer ingredients on top – your salad greens, veggies and protein.
Nutrition Tip: By varying your protein routine and combining protein sources [like chicken, chickpeas, and eggs in this recipe], you are ensuring your body is functioning at it’s highest energy level.
When ready to eat, just shake shake shake it up! If you’re packing in a lunchbox, we love these small dressing containers for liquids. These silicone liners are also great for separating out wetter ingredients to keep your salad from getting soggy.
How do you #PowerYourLunchbox? Show us your healthy lunchboxes on Instagram using #PowerYourLunchbox.
Looking for more lunchbox solutions?
- 25+ Nut Free Lunchbox Ideas
- 34+ Non-Sandwich Lunchbox Ideas
- 10+ Ways To Add More Fruits & Veggies To Your Child’s Lunchbox
- Ultimate Guide For Packing Healthy Lunches
- 12+ Gluten-free Lunchbox Ideas
- 1 pkg. BBQ Ranch Chopped Salad Kit
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 large hard-cooked eggs, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- ½ bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup shredded lowfat Cheddar cheese
- ½ pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- Place salad in a large
bowl and top with chicken, eggs, avocado, chickpeas, peppers, cheese and tomatoes.
Add dressing from salad kit and mix well.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we may earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 477Total Fat: 17gCholesterol: 163mgSodium: 837mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 12gSugar: 8.5gProtein: 38g