Mini Burger Bites
These mini burger bites are ready in just 15 minutes. Loaded with protein and easy to make, these burger skewers are the perfect addition to lunchboxes and an easy appetizer or meal idea.
Bite-sized food is just more fun! These mini burger bites are not only easy to make, but a fun way to enjoy a good hamburger without having to fire up the grill. My whole family loves these mini burger bites and since back to school season is here, I asked the kids if they would like to have these in their lunches. They answered with a resounding YES.
I am always looking for new and nutritious lunchbox ideas for the kiddos and these burger skewers are perfect. They are a great source of protein to keep the kids fueled until they get home from school. Then it’s time for after-school snacks 😉
- Prepared meatballs
- Veggies – sweet onion, tomato, and lettuce
- Texas toast
How do you make these Mini Burger Bites
First arrange your Texas toast on a baking sheet. Bake according to package instructions. Next cook the burgers (meatballs) according to package instructions if using frozen or start preparing your homemade mini burgers. Once your Texas toast is ready cut each slice down the middle, then into thirds. You want to have 6 small pieces of bread from each slice. Now prepare your tomatoes, onion and lettuce. Now you will build your mini burger bites by placing Texas toast, meatball, tomato, onion, lettuce and another piece of Texas toast on skewers.
More options for these Mini Burger Bites
- You can add mini dill pickles or pickle rounds.
- Add your child’s favorite cheese to make mini cheeseburger bites.
- Add bacon.
- Make your own meatball/mini burger patties instead of using premade meatballs. We love these homemade turkey meatballs.
- Substitute any bread you would like, Texas toast is yummy, but not mandatory.
- Go bunless. Leave off the bread for a gluten-friendly option.
Tips for packing these Mini Burger Bites in lunches
- Have the kiddos help in kitchen by assembling these the night before.
- Don’t forget the dip! We recommend guacamole, ketchup and/or mustard.
- Worried about packing skewers in your child’s lunchbox? Leave them out! Pack as a deconstructed mini burger bite. Your kiddo will have fun assembling their mini burger at lunch.
- Include something sweet, fresh fruit is always a good idea in lunches.
How do you #PowerYourLunchbox? Show us your healthy lunchboxes on Instagram using #PowerYourLunchbox.
Looking for more lunchbox solutions?
- 25+ Nut Free Lunchbox Ideas
- 34+ Non-Sandwich Lunchbox Ideas
- 10+ Ways To Add More Fruits & Veggies To Your Child’s Lunchbox
- Ultimate Guide For Packing Healthy Lunches
- 12+ Gluten-free Lunchbox Ideas
Prep Tip: Make a extra batch and you have dinner ready for tomorrow. The whole family will love these mini burger skewers. They also make for a fun and easy appetizer.
Mini Burger Bites Lunchbox Recipe
- 4 slices Texas toast baked according to package directions
- 12 medium-sized meatballs frozen or homemade, cooked
- 12 cherry tomatoes raw sweet onion rings, cut into 4 pieces each
- 1 leaf Romaine lettuce chopped into 12 pieces
- 3 thick raw sweet onion rings, cut into 4 pieces each
- Build skewers by placing Texas toast, meatball, tomato, onion, lettuce and another piece of Texas toast on skewers.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
My girl said she had others at school wanting to try. This lunchbox is delicious and easy!