Turn leftover shredded chicken into a fun appetizer or lunch idea with these taquitos! Just toss chicken with BBQ sauce and cheese and roll up in a tortilla to bake.
We love dipping these taquitos into guacamole for some added good-for-you fats and fiber. Pair with your favorite fruits and veggies for a delicious lunchbox!
Nutrition Tip: Protein-packed lunches like this one help keep kids fuller longer, so they can focus all afternoon and be fueled for after-school activities.
Leftover rotisserie chicken or this slow cooker shredded chicken are perfect for this recipe to make it quick and easy. Look for a BBQ sauce that’s lower in sugar, or make your own (we love this watermelon BBQ sauce!)
How do you #PowerYourLunchbox? Show us your healthy lunchboxes on Instagram using #PowerYourLunchbox.
Looking for more lunchbox ideas? We’ve got you covered with 70+ ideas including make-ahead ideas, non-sandwich lunches, ideas for repurposing leftovers, and vegetarian, nut-free and gluten-free recipes.
Or check out all of our back-to-school content on our blog. A few of our most popular posts include:
- The Ultimate Guide to Packing Healthy Lunchboxes
- After-School Snacks that Won’t Ruin Dinner
- The Best Lunchboxes for Kids
- 20 Lunchbox-Packing Tips & Hacks from Parents
BBQ Chicken Taquitos
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken breast
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons BBQ sauce
- 12 flour tortillas
Lunchbox Sides (per serving)
- 1 Bee Sweet Citrus® mandarin, peeled, segments
- 1/2 cup green seedless grapes
- 1 guacamole snack cup
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Mix chicken, cheese and BBQ sauce in bowl. Add evenly to tortillas, roll up tightly and place on baking sheet.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Assemble lunchbox with taquitos, mandarin, grapes and guacamole.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 276Total Fat: 7gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 361mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 3gSugar: 14gProtein: 15g