Don’t toss those watermelon rinds! Did you know there are lots of uses for all parts of a watermelon, including the rind? Just peel and toss in the Instant Pot along with the other ingredients to make this delicious and tangy Watermelon Rind BBQ Sauce.
Recipe sponsored by the National Watermelon Promotional Board.
- 1 cup chopped watermelon rind
- 1 (6 oz.) can tomato paste
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Add watermelon rind, tomato paste, vinegar, sugar, Worcestershire, oil and garlic to Instant Pot. Place lid on Instant Pot and set value to Sealing position. Cook on high 10 minutes. Once done cooking, quick release steam and remove lid.
- Let cool before transferring to food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 85Total Fat: 3.5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 246mgCarbohydrates: 13gSugar: 10.1gProtein: 1g