Ready in just 10 minutes, this healthy Watermelon Salsa is delicious on chips or on top of chicken, salmon and more!
What’s more refreshing during hot summer days than watermelon? This light and fresh watermelon salsa is perfect served with chips, over grilled chicken or on fish tacos! Prep an extra batch for easy snacks all week long or to take along to the beach or pool on the weekend.
My kids and I love watermelon! So juicy, flavorful, and great to help you feel cool in the Summer. We have made Watermelon Lemonade Popsicles, Fruit Slushies, and more! Sometimes it is hard for us to eat a whole watermelon after we cut it up so I am always trying to experiment with both sweet or savory watermelon recipes. We have even been trying to make things with the Watermelon rind! I know, crazy right? But we really try to use fresh produce when it is in season, especially one that the whole family loves.
Nutrition Tip: Want to pick the best melon? Look for one that’s heavy for its size, which means it’s juicy. You should also see a white or cream-colored spot on the melon, which means it sat in the field long enough to get ripe.
What we love about this Fresh Watermelon Salsa
- Easy to make with just a few ingredients
- Refreshing for something different
- Great to take to Summer parties or BBQ’s
- Loaded with many Vitamins, anti-oxidants, and benefits from the watermelon and tomatoes!
- Great as a dip, over protein for a meal, or as a healthy snack
- The whole family loves it
I am sure most of you know that watermelon is made up mostly of water which is great for keeping us hydrated in the hot Summer months. Watermelon is also high in Vitamin C, Vitamin A, and Vitamin B6! So we are helping with our immunity, vision and skin health, and our brain health! Yes! Bonus points! So grab a large or personal sized watermelon to make this easy salsa recipe right at home.
How to make Watermelon Salsa
First prepare all of the fresh ingredients. If your watermelon is already cut up, great! If not go ahead and do that to get about two cups of watermelon. Then rinse and cut the cherry tomatoes into quarters.
Next chop up the sweet onion and the basil.
Grab out your favorite large mixing bowl and add all of the ingredients together. Cover and refrigerate until you are ready to serve and enjoy!
What to serve with this watermelon salsa?
- This fruit salsa is great with chips, pita, or other favorite dipping items.
- We love this combo over grilled chicken- see our Grilled Chicken with Watermelon Salsa recipe.
- This would also be great over some grilled or baked fish filets.
- You could also serve it over some fresh greens to make it an awesome Summer salad!
Make sure to PIN IT!
- 2 cups diced watermelon
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1/4 small sweet onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Mix watermelon, tomatoes, onion, basil, oil, balsamic vinegar and salt in large bowl. Cover and refrigerate before serving.