What’s more refreshing during hot summer days than watermelon? This light and fresh watermelon salsa is perfect served with chips, over grilled chicken or on fish tacos! Prep an extra batch for easy snacks all week long or to take along to the beach or pool on the weekend.
Nutrition Tip: Want to pick the best melon? Look for one that’s heavy for its size, which means it’s juicy. You should also see a white or cream-colored spot on the melon, which means it sat in the field long enough to get ripe.
- 2 cups diced watermelon
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1/4 small sweet onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Mix watermelon, tomatoes, onion, basil, oil, balsamic vinegar and salt in large bowl. Cover and refrigerate before serving.