Refresh post-workout or on a hot day with this simple hydrating watermelon cucumber smoothie. The addition of lime juice and fresh mint will transport you to a tropical destination.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by the National Watermelon Promotion Board. All opinions are our own.
Did you know watermelon is 92% water? That makes it perfect for hydration! Pair that with another water-rich fruit (yep, like tomatoes, cucumbers are also technically a fruit!) and you have a match made in hydration heaven.
For more delicious flavor combinations featuring watermelon, check out this post.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Frozen Watermelon: See below for tips on how to freeze your watermelon. No frozen watermelon on hand? Add 1/2 to 1 cup of ice to your blender.
- Cucumber: Opt for a seedless cucumber for a smoother texture. Look for the long, skinny cucumbers wrapped in plastic.
- Coconut water: You could use your favorite milk, juice or regular water in place of coconut water, but then you’d miss out on all that potassium, which helps your muscles work.
- Fresh lime juice: Add more or less to your liking.
- Mint: If you don’t have fresh mint on hand, you can skip but it does enhance the flavor of this smoothie.
Add all your ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth! If you prefer a creamier smoothie, you can add in a banana (yay for more potassium!).
If you’re looking for other yummy smoothie combinations, here are a few of our favorites:
- Blueberry Avocado Smoothie
- Watermelon Strawberry Smoothie
- Watermelon Yogurt Smoothie
- Peach Pie Smoothie
- Watermelon Kiwi Smoothie
How to Freeze Watermelon:
- Chop watermelon into desired size. I like smaller 1 or 2-inch cubes for easy blending.
- Lay watermelon single layer on a baking sheet and place in freezer for 1-2 hours. Freezing individually will prevent the watermelon from clumping together.
- Once frozen, transfer to Ziplock freezer bag for storage.
#HowDoYouWintermelon? Show off your winter watermelon ideas on Instagram, Facebook or TikTok for a chance to win weekly prizes from the Watermelon Board now through Feb. 28, 2021! Visit watermelon.org for full details.
- 1 cups frozen watermelon
- ½ cup chopped seedless cucumber
- ½ cup coconut water
- ½ lime, juiced
- 2-3 fresh mint leaves
- Add watermelon, cucumbers, coconut water, lime juice and mint to blender. Blend until smooth.
- If you prefer a creamy smoothie, add a banana before blending.
- No frozen watermelon? Use fresh and add 1/2 - 1 cup of ice.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we may earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 46Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 64mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 1g