Nothing is better than fresh zucchini or summer squash from the garden. This delicious recipe is perfect for breakfast, lunch or as a side at dinner and is another great way to sneak some yummy vegetables onto the plate.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small zucchini, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1 medium yellow squash, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup baby spinach, chopped
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- Heat oil in nonstick skillet over medium heat; add zucchini, squash, garlic, Italian seasoning and red pepper, and cook 10 minutes, or until zucchini and squash are tender. Add spinach and cook 3 minutes, or until tender.
- Pour eggs and cheese over cooked vegetables. Top with sliced tomatoes and cook 5 minutes, or until egg mixture has set.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 162Total Fat: 9.54gCholesterol: 191mgSodium: 175mgCarbohydrates: 8.25gFiber: 1.46gProtein: 10.25g