Looking for a simple appetizer that both kids and adults will go crazy over? Then you need to add easy fruit salsa to your shopping list today!
This version is livened up with fresh ingredients including a vibrant pop from freshly-squeezed lemon and lime juice. The best part of this recipe is its versatility. You can make fruit salsa with whatever fruit you happen to have on hand. Ideas include:
Nutrition Tip: Kiwi packs a special enzyme called actinidin that may help digestion. Ripen kiwi on the counter, they’re ready when they give a little bit when pressed.
My recommendation? Pick 3-4 fruits or choose based on the colors you want. Here are a few examples:
- 4th of July: Go with Red (strawberries), White (peeled apple) & Blue (blueberries)
- Valentine’s Day: Strawberries, Raspberries & Apples
Fruit salsa can be used for many things besides dipping with pita chips. Some of my family’s favorite uses include:
- As a topping for pancakes
- Rolled into crepes
- On top of shortcake topped with whipped cream
- Served with vanilla ice cream
- Or my 10-year-old daughter’s favorite… with a spoon. 🙂
- 3 kiwi, peeled, diced
- 1 pint strawberries, diced
- 1 pint bluberrries
- 1 apple, diced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- Combine kiwi, strawberries, blueberries and apple in large bowl.
- Whisk lemon juice, lime juice and brown sugar in small bowl. Drizzle over fruit and stir to coat.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 42Total Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 2gSugar: 7gProtein: 1g