Eating your greens takes on new meaning with this eye-catching green fruit salad. Fresh honeydew melon, green apples, grapes and kiwi are combined with a touch of fresh mint for a refreshing snack or side dish.
My kids are obsessed with all things green on St. Patrick’s Day so we threw together this super quick and super easy green fruit salad to celebrate – and it was a hit!
We’re a fruit-loving family and have no problem eating any of these ingredients, but there was something special about mixing them together and giving it a theme that made my girls go crazy over this fruit salad.
Did you know? Green fruits are loaded with Vitamin A, Vitamin C, potassium and folate.
Ingredients for Green Fruit Salad:
- Honeydew Melon: This light and refreshing fruit is about 90% water to keep you hydrated. Save time and grab fresh cut honeydew or use these tips to select a good one at your grocery store.
- Grapes: The polyphenols found in grapes have been shown to reduce the risk of heart disease. As if you need a good excuse to snack on them!
- Green Apple: Granny Smith apples offer that perfect tartness for this recipe. Grab tips for picking the best apples on our Produce Tips page.
- Kiwi: Packed with potassium and fiber, these fuzzy little fruits give this salad an edge. Load ’em up!
- Fresh Mint: The smell of fresh mint is amazing, adding some to this salad really kicks it up a notch.
Fruit Salad Make-Ahead Tips
This salad can be made ahead of time, but I would hold on the apple. Just chop and add when you’re ready to serve, otherwise the apple will brown.
You could also toss the apple in apple or pineapple juice before adding to the salad to keep browning at bay. Check out these tips for keeping apples from browning for more.
Other Fruit Salads to Try:
- 2 cups cubed honeydew melon
- 2 cups green grapes
- 1 large green apple, chopped
- 3 kiwi, peeled, sliced
- 6-8 fresh mint leaves, chopped
- Mix honeydew, grapes, apples and kiwi in large
- Sprinkle with fresh mint.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we may earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 83Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 10mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 2gSugar: 12gProtein: 1g