Eating your greens takes on new meaning with this eye-catching green fruit salad. Fresh honeydew melon, green apples, grapes and kiwi are combined with a touch of fresh mint for a refreshing snack or side dish.
If you are looking for a new fresh recipe to serve up then you need to try this Green Fruit Salsa. My kids are obsessed with all things green on St. Patrick’s Day so we threw together this super quick and super easy fruit salad to celebrate – and it was a hit! Of course you can make this recipe anytime of the year when these fruits are in season for you.
We are a fruit-loving family and have no problem eating any of these ingredients, but there was something special about mixing them together and giving it a theme that made my girls go crazy over this fruit salad. Last year we made some Rainbow Fruit Parfaits and the year before that we made some Shamrock Chips & Salsa. Making things green or rainbow themed really seems to be a hit with my children.
Did you know? Green fruits are loaded with Vitamin A, Vitamin C, potassium and folate.
Ingredients for Green Fruit Salad:
- Honeydew Melon: This light and refreshing fruit is about 90% water to keep you hydrated. Save time and grab fresh cut honeydew or use these tips to select a good one at your grocery store.
- Grapes: The polyphenols found in grapes have been shown to reduce the risk of heart disease. As if you need a good excuse to snack on them!
- Green Apple: Granny Smith apples offer that perfect tartness for this recipe. Grab tips for picking the best apples on our Produce Tips page.
- Kiwi: Packed with potassium and fiber, these fuzzy little fruits give this salad an edge. Load ’em up!
- Fresh Mint: The smell of fresh mint is amazing, adding some to this salad really kicks it up a notch.
Fruit Salad Make-Ahead Tips
This salad can be made ahead of time, but I would hold on the apple. Just chop and add when you’re ready to serve, otherwise the apple will brown.
You could also toss the apple in apple or pineapple juice before adding to the salad to keep browning at bay. Check out these tips for keeping apples from browning for more.
How to make this Green Fruit Salad
This recipe is very simple to assemble. First start by washing and prepping all of the fresh fruits that you are using. Peel and chop the kiwi, cut up the apples, cube the melon, and chop the fresh mint.
Grab a large mixing bowl and add all of the ingredients. Toss until all ingredients are well combined. Refrigerate until ready to serve and enjoy!
And if your kids like to help in the kitchen, this fruit salad is a great one for them to participate in helping with.
Make sure to PIN IT!
Other Fruit Salads to Try:
Green Fruit Salad
kiwi are combined with a touch of fresh mint for a refreshing snack or side dish.
- 2 cups cubed honeydew melon
- 2 cups green grapes
- 1 large green apple chopped
- 3 kiwi peeled, sliced
- 6-8 fresh mint leaves chopped
- Mix honeydew, grapes, apples and kiwi in large
- Sprinkle with fresh mint.