Kids will love these bars for a yummy snack or savory dessert. They are loaded with healthy veggies like onions, carrots and zucchini. Add dried fruits or pistachios for a sweet twist.
Savory Carrot & Zucchini Squares
- 2 medium zucchini grated
- 1/2 medium sweet onion grated
- 1 large carrot grated
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup whole wheat pancake/waffle mix
- 4 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line 13×9-inch baking pan with parchment paper and coat with non-stick baking spray.
- Add zucchini, onion and carrots to clean dish towel. Gather ends and ring veggies to remove excess liquid.
- Add veggies to large bowl. Mix in Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, garlic power, cheese, pancake mix, eggs and oil until well combined.
- Spread mixture into prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool for 10 minutes before slicing.