Banana Peanut Butter & Date Smoothie
This date smoothie is ready in just 5 minutes and is loaded with protein and nutrients that will help you start your day!
Creating smoothies is an easy and nutritious way to start your day. Actually, smoothies are good any time of the day in my opinion 🙂
Smoothies are incredibly versatile because you can add just about any fruit or vegetable you want to change the taste, texture and health benefits.
Today’s healthy smoothie recipe is actually a protein smoothie. What ingredients make this smoothie a protein smoothie?
- Milk – Milk is loaded with protein and other nutrients, including an excellent dose of vitamin D.
- Protein Powder – While you don’t have to add this to your smoothie, it does increase the protein and will help you stay fuller longer.
- PB Powder – I love using PB Powder, it’s lower in fat and calories than peanut butter but it still gives you a nice dose of protein.
I love adding bananas to smoothies, they are slightly sweet and actually add to the creaminess of a smoothie. Bananas are also an excellent source of potassium, which is great for workout recovery. If you are enjoying a protein smoothie I would guess that you are either looking forward to a healthy meal option and/or adding to your workout routine, so adding this Date and Banana Protein Smoothie to your day is a great option.
Looking for tips on making smoothies? Grab our Free Build Your Perfect Smoothie Printable.
Can you use almond milk in this smoothie recipe?
Absolutely! Feel free to use the liquid that is best suited for you and your family. I do recommend using a dairy milk or a milk substitute.
Why is there cinnamon in this smoothie?
Well, I love cinnamon…but the real reason is that cinnamon is said to help our metabolism, and I am all for help with that!
Why did I add dates to this protein smoothie?
Dates are delicious, naturally sweet and a great source fiber, potassium, and antioxidants. All of switch are great additions to your diet! I used Medjool dates in this smoothie, but if you cant find them in store, you can use regular dates.
Dates have actually been harvested for centuries….did you know that they are one of the oldest fruits in the world?
Well, go ahead and grab some Medjool dates and let’s make my Banana Peanut Butter and Date Smoothie.
Oh, and since this smoothie recipe only calls for 3 Medjool dates, you will probably have some leftover, I definitely recommend making these Healthy Oatmeal Date Bars.
Date and Banana Protein Smoothie
- 3 medjool dates pits removed
- ½ banana
- 1 ½ cups milk we used skim
- 1 tbsp peanut butter powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 scoop protein powder we used vanilla
- 5-6 ice cubes
- Place all the ingredients into your favorite blending device and blend until smooth.