Simple. Delicious. No cooking required. This Shaved Asparagus Salad with freshly grated Parmesan cheese is ready in under 10 minutes, making it perfect for an easy lunch idea or a side dish to your favorite weeknight meal.
I am excited to share this salad recipe today. I mean, we eat a lot of salads in my house and most of the time it’s a simple lettuce salad with toppings. Sometimes I get creative and put in different fruits and vegetables for the salad toppings, maybe a crouton or two. But this is the first time I got creative and made an asparagus salad!
My usual ways to enjoy asparagus is typically roasted with a little olive oil and salt and pepper, or in these Asparagus Puff Pastry Bundles. And both of those ways to cook asparagus are absolutely delicious, but so is this Shaved Asparagus Salad 🙂 No cooking required either!
So, how do you go about making a Shaved Asparagus Salad? Well, first things first, you have to shave the asparagus.
How do you shave asparagus?
Carefully using a vegetable peeler, shave the asparagus peeling away from your hand. When picking out which bundle of asparagus to buy, pick the thicker stalks, this will make it easier to shave.
Before you start peeling the asparagus, prep it by cutting of the lighter colored ends.
If the tips of the asparagus fall off while you are shaving the stalks, don’t worry, just save them and toss them right into the salad.
Why shave asparagus?
Peeling asparagus makes it not only look extra fancy, but it makes raw asparagus silky, soft, and perfect for a salad.
Shaved Asparagus Salad Ingredients
- Spinach – or your other favorite leafy green. Arugula would also be delicious.
- Cherry tomatoes
- Parmesan Cheese
- Light dressing of choice – a simple balsamic or a lemon dressing are perfect.
- For added crunch, pistachios would also be delicious.
Asparagus is available year-round, but it’s peak season is February – June. That means you can make this healthy asparagus salad all year long!
Are you ready to make it right now? I know I am officially hungry 🙂 Oh, and did I mention that there is no cooking required to make this salad? I know when we make a lettuce salad, there’s no cooking required either, but typically, when you think of asparagus, you think you have to cook it, but for this salad recipe…you don’t! Making this healthy salad ready in less than 10 minutes. Let’s eat!
Shaved Asparagus Salad
- 1 bunch of asparagus shaved
- 2 cups spinach
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes sliced
- ⅓ cup shaved parmesan
- ¼ cup dressing of choice we used a white balsamic dressing
- 1 lemon
- Using a vegetable peeler, carefully shave the asparagus peeling away from your hand.
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, asparagus, tomatoes, and parmesan. Top with dressing and a squeeze of lemon juice right before serving.