This fun kiwi tree came together on a whim. The girls had seen a few fruit trees online and thought what could be more fun than making one on your own. I had my doubts at first, but this kiwi Christmas tree turned out to be gorgeous and a hit with our friends.
We cut up our kiwi, had some pomegranate arils and blueberries on hand for decorating and pear made for the perfect star and trunk to our tree. Learn all about kiwi and how to pick prep and store it here.
Nutrition Tip: A single kiwi packs nearly as much immune-strengthening vitamin C as a medium orange. Kiwi also contains an enzyme called actinidin that may help digestion.
Don’t have pomegranate arils or blueberries on hand? Use dried fruit, nuts or any other chopped fruit to decorate your kiwi tree.
We had friends at the house and their kids had never tried kiwi. I can tell you they are 100% fans after testing out this tree. It really will brighten up your holiday spread, is easy to make and of course delicious to eat.
- 4 kiwifruit, peeled, sliced
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate arils
- 2 tablespoons blueberries
- 2 thick slices pear
- Arrange kiwi on plate in shape of Christmas tree. Sprinkle with pomegranate arils and blueberries.
- Place pear slice on cutting board. Use small star cookie cutter to cut out star. Place on top of tree. Use remaining pear slice to create tree trunk.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 40Total Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 2mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 1g