Onion, tomato and avocado turn the typical grilled cheese into a sweet, tangy and creamy lunch.
Nutrition Tip: Lycopene is a phytonutrient that is found in tomatoes, and provides the body with a long list of benefits. Some of which are helping prevent cancer, protecting eye health, and lowering blood pressure.
Grilled Cheese and Tomato Sandwich
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 slices lowfat Cheddar cheese
- 1 to mato thinly sliced
- 1/2 sweet onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 avocado thinly sliced
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- Preheat nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread.
- Place bread butter-side-down in skillet; add cheddar, tomato, onion, avocado and provolone. Place bread on top with butter-side-up, and cook 2 minutes, or until lightly browned. Flip and continue cooking 2 minutes, or until cheese is melted.