Every mummy will love this easy and healthy Halloween snack idea! Fill mini sweet peppers with taco filling and wrap them up to get spooky stuffed mini pepper mummies. Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Pero Family Farms. All opinions are our own.
These stuffed mini sweet pepper mummies are the perfect Halloween snack or Halloween party appetizer! Stuffed with creamy, taco-inspired shredded chicken, wrapped up with strips of crescent rolls and baked to perfection, you won’t be able to eat just one!
Kids love these mini sweet peppers from Pero Family Farms! They’re perfectly-sized, sweet and crunchy – perfect for snacking. And for making stuffed mini pepper mummies 😉
These Halloween Stuffed Pepper Mummies are a fun activity for the big night (and a great way to get some veggies in before trick-or-treating!). Here’s how to make Taco Stuffed Pepper Mummies:
- Prep Your Peppers: Cut your mini sweet peppers in half and scoop out the seeds.
- Mix the Stuffing: Combine chicken, cream cheese and taco seasoning. Have fresh cilantro, tomatoes or other taco ingredients on hand? Feel free to get creative!
- Stuff! Fill your peppers with the stuffing, being careful to not fill them too much.
- Wrap. Cut the crescent rolls into thin strips and wrap around the peppers to make your mummies.
- Bake. Bake ’em in the oven and let cool before adding your candy eyes. Then enjoy!
Looking for more Halloween snacks?
Taco-Stuffed Mini Sweet Pepper Mummies
- 12 Pero Family Farms® mini sweet peppers
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken breast
- 8 ounces lowfat cream cheese softened
- 1 tablespoon homemade taco seasoning
- 1 8 oz. package crescent rolls, cut into thin strips
- 48 candy eyes
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Slice mini sweet peppers in half lengthwise. Scoop out seeds.
- Mix chicken, cream cheese and taco seasoning in medium bowl. Fill pepper halves with chicken/cream cheese mix. Wrap peppers with 1-2 crescent roll strips, leaving room for eyes.
- Place on baking sheet and bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and let cool before adding eyes.