Not all Halloween treats have to be full of added sugars. Turn apples into a fun, themed Halloween snack with the addition of peanut butter, sliced almonds and strawberries! Kids will have fun assembling their own for a spooky snack. Check out these tips to keep apples from browning.
Nutrition Tip: Apples contain pectin, a prebiotic that provides food for gut bacteria that aide our bodies in digestion and immune health.
- 4 Sage Fruit® Granny Smith apples, cored, quartered
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 strawberries, sliced into 4 pieces each
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 8-16 candy eyeballs
- Carefully cut out mouth in each apple quarter using a knife.
- Spread inside with peanut butter. Add sliced almonds for teeth and strawberry slice for tongue.
- Add a dot of peanut to the back of eye sprinkles and place on apple.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 157Total Fat: 8gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 54mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 3gSugar: 11gProtein: 4g