Buffalo chicken goes plant-based with these tasty buffalo cauliflower lettuce wraps. All your favorite buffalo wing flavors – buffalo sauce, celery, carrots and blue cheese – get wrapped up for a crowd-pleasing appetizer.
Buffalo cauliflower became an overnight sensation several years ago as people were turning to cauliflower as a low-carb replacement for everything from rice to pizza crust. When done right, buffalo cauliflower is so delicious and hard to stop eating.
I prefer to roast my cauliflower over steaming it. You can a tender inside with a slightly crispier outside, much like chicken wings.
After the florets cook for 15-20 minutes (when they reach your desired texture), remove from oven, toss in buffalo sauce and baked an additional 5 minutes to help the cauliflower soak up all that saucy goodness.
Lettuce wraps are a great vehicle to getting all your tasty buffalo wing favorites into one bite. I love a combo of celery, carrots and blue cheese crumbles, but whatever your favorite wing accompaniments are work well too.
For more buffalo recipes, check out these ideas:
- 16 oz. cauliflower florets
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ⅓ cup buffalo sauce
- 8 large Tanimura & Antle® Sweet Gem lettuce leaves
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- ½ cup matchstick carrots
- ¼ cup blue cheese crumbles
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Toss cauliflower in oil. Spread evenly on parchment-lined baking sheet and bake 15-20 minutes, flipping midway, until tender.
- Drizzle buffalo sauce onto cauliflower and toss to coat well. Return pan to oven and bake additional 5 minutes.
- Fill lettuce cups with buffalo cauliflower and top with carrots, celery and blue cheese.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we may earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 178Total Fat: 13gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 458mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 7gSugar: 5gProtein: 7g