If you love buffalo chicken, you’ll love these rice bowls! This recipe is perfect for meal prep too. We make shredded chicken in the slow cooker at the start of the week (here’s our shredded chicken how-to) along with a batch of rice. Everything else for these bowls come together easily for a quick dinner or lunch. Just reheat the rice and chicken and assemble!
Nutrition Tip: Even kids who don’t like whole broccoli may like this crunchy slaw. Broccoli’s got vitamin C and even a little bit of protein and calcium, plus it contains cancer-fighting compounds.
Buffalo Chicken Rice Bowls
- 12 ounces cooked shredded chicken breast
- 1/4 cup buffalo sauce (or less, to taste)
- 2 cups cooked jasmine rice
- 1 12 oz. bag broccoli slaw
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado diced
- 2 green onions sliced
- 4 tablespoons ranch dressing
- Toss chicken with buffalo sauce.
- Assemble bowls with rice, chicken, broccoli slaw, tomatoes and avocado. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle green onions on top.