This Grinch Guacamole is the perfect holiday snack. All you need is a little creativity and a few simple ingredients to make this Grinch Guacamole. Be sure to serve it with homemade holiday-themed tortilla chips! While this post is sponsored by YoQuerio! our love of the Grinch and Guacamole are our own.
One of my all time favorite holiday movies is The Grinch. It’s one holiday movie that I will happily watch over and over and every year. There’s just something about it that makes my heart grow one size bigger 😉 Plus, who can resist a cute green guy dressed in a holiday sweater?!
One of my all time favorite appetizers and snacks is guacamole. It’s one snack that I will happily eat over and over again. There’s just something about it that makes my heart grow one size bigger 😉 Plus, who can resist that deliciously green snack?!
Since two of my all time favorite things are green, I decided it would be a festive and fun idea to combine the two.
Hello Grinch Guacamole!
Seriously, how fun is he??
This Grinch Guacamole is made with only a few ingredients, probably making it one of your easiest holiday appetizers you will serve up this holiday season.
Now, of course, you can serve your Grinch Guacamole with plain ole chips and veggies (don’t get me wrong, we love our veggies!) but how festive are those homemade holiday tortilla chips?
We used three different types of tortillas to make our homemade holiday-themed tortilla chips: spinach, tomato basil and plain. All three flavors are perfect for dipping into your Grinch Guacamole, and they are also add another layer of festive colors to your dish.
Homemade Tortilla Chips Key Ingredients
Yep, that’s it 😉 Well, and some cookie cutters and a little patience.
Once you have your shapes all ready for the oven, you just place your holiday-shaped tortillas on a baking sheet with some parchment paper and bake for about 15 minutes at 350 degrees. It only took us 5 minutes to prep our stocking and Christmas tree tortilla chips.
Grinch Guacamole Key Ingredients
- Guacamole, yep, you guessed it 😉 We used YoQuerio! Chunky Guacamole
- Red bell pepper – for the hat and nose
- Cauliflower – for the trim of the hat
- Green and black olives – for the eyes and mouth
You may actually have all the ingredients to make your own Guacamole Grinch in your refrigerator right now!
- YoQuerio! Spicy or Original Guacamole
- Cranberries for the hat – you will just have to make sure they don’t roll!
- Mozzarella balls for the trim of the Santa hat
- Pomegranate arils for the eyes
- Jalapeno slices for the eyes
- You can really use whatever you have on hand for the eyes, nose and mouth – get creative! Tomatoes and onions would also make for a fun hat.
Why use YoQuerio! Guacamole to make your Holiday Guacamole Grinch? YoQuerio! is made with hand-scooped fruit accented by the freshest ingredients makes for the best tasting, store-bought guacamole. Plus, it’s easier than homemade…but it tastes just as good.
Tips On How To Make Your Grinch Guacamole
- Don’t worry too much if your head shape is off, you can go around it with q-tips and when you add the face items it all comes together.
- Use large black olives, but cut into fours for mouth and eyebrows.
- Cut two green olive in half for eyes.
- Chop the cauliflower into small florets for the hat trim. They can also be used for dipping into the guacamole!
Now, everyone at your holiday party is going to eat all of your Grinch Guacamole, it’s cute and delicious, who can blame them?! So, I recommend having an extra package or two of guacamole in the refrigerator and extra holiday tortillas on hand. You can serve the tortillas with the guacamole for the 2nd and 3rd rounds 😉
Now, let’s make your Holiday Grinch Guacamole.
Grinch Guacamole Holiday Appetizer
- 8 oz Guacamole we used YoQuerio! Chunky Guacamole
- 1 red bell pepper
- ½ cup cauliflower chopped into small florets
- 5 black olives
- 2 green olives
Holiday Tortilla Chips
- Tortillas we used spinach, sundried tomato and plain
- Place the guacamole on a large plate, using your hands and a spoon, shape the head. We had a picture pulled up while we shaped it, so I recommend keeping this blog post pulled up for a visual. If you want to, you can cut out a "Grinch head" shape on parchment paper so you have an outline. BUT! Don't stress about the shape, you can clean up the edges with a q-tip later. It's a green head…no matter what happens, it'll look like a Grinch!
- Once the head is formed, create the hat by adding cauliflower for the trim and using a quarter of the red bell pepper for the hat. Top the hat with another cauliflower floret for the "pom pom"
- Now let's create the face! Cut the green olive in half and use that for the eyes.
- Use a small piece of the red bell pepper for the nose.
- Slice the black olives into thin strips and use those to create the eyebrows and mouth.
- Use a q-tip to clean around the edges if desired.
Holiday Tortilla Chips
- Preheat oven to 300°
- Place tortillas on a cutting board and using a cookie cutter, make your desired holiday shapes. If you use a metal cookie cutter, you shouldn't have to go over the edges with a knife. If you use a plastic cookie cutter, it may not go all the way through, so be prepared to use a knife.
- Place your holiday-shaped tortillas on parchment paper on a baking sheet. If you don't have parchment paper, I recommend spraying with cooking spray to avoid any sticking.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Be sure to make extras!
- Serve with your Holiday Grinch Guacamole.