Peanut Butter-Drizzled Popcorn
This healthy peanut butter popcorn treat jazzes up plain popcorn by adding a few simple ingredients.
How to Make Air Popped Popcorn for This Recipe
Air-popped popcorn is a healthy alternative to traditional popcorn that is popped in oil. It is also a cheaper option, since you don’t need to buy special equipment or ingredients. All you need is a pot with a lid and some kernels.
Here’s how to make air-popped popcorn:
- Put kernels in a pot: Pour 1/2 cup of kernels into the pot. You can use more or less, depending on how much popcorn you want to make.
- Add enough water to cover the kernels: This will help the kernels pop.
- Put the lid on the pot: Make sure the lid fits snugly so that no steam escapes.
- Place the pot on the stove: Put the pot on the stove over medium heat.
- Wait for the kernels to pop: You will hear a popping sound when the kernels are done. Once they start popping, shake the pot occasionally to prevent burning.
- Once the popping has slowed down, remove the pot from the heat and pour the popcorn into a bowl. Add your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Another way to make air-popped popcorn is with a dry popping machine! Just get some popcorn kernels and follow the instructions on the machine of your choice.
Benefits of Adding Pecans to the Mix :
Pecans are a healthy addition to this Peanut Butter-Drizzled Popcorn recipe. Not only do they add a nutritional boost, but they also provide a delicious crunch that takes this snack to the next level. Pecans are packed with vitamins and minerals, including zinc, which is essential for a healthy immune system. They’re also a good source of fiber, which helps keep you feeling full and satisfied after eating. So go ahead and add some pecans to your Peanut Butter-Drizzled Popcorn for an extra dose of flavor and nutrition!
Don’t use sugared or candied pecans though! Those are loaded with sugar and calories, which negates the health benefits. Instead, look for plain, unsweetened pecans at your local grocery store.
Why Add Pistachios to the Peanut Butter-Drizzled Popcorn?
Pistachios are a healthy addition to this Peanut Butter-Drizzled Popcorn recipe. Not only do they add a nutritional boost, but they also provide a delicious crunch that takes this snack to the next level. Pistachios are packed with vitamins and minerals, including zinc, which is essential for a healthy immune system.
Dried Cherries Give a Perfect Pop of Sweetness to This Snack
Dried cherries are a perfect addition to this Peanut Butter-Drizzled Popcorn recipe. Not only do they add a pop of sweetness, but they also provide a nutritional boost. Dried cherries are packed with vitamins and minerals too!
Dried cherries are an excellent source of antioxidants. Antioxidants help protect your cells from damage and may reduce your risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease and cancer.
Dried cherries are also a good source of fiber, which is important for digestive health. Fiber helps keep you regular and can also lower cholesterol levels and blood sugar levels.
Use Natural Peanut Butter Instead of The Original
Natural peanut butter is a healthier alternative to traditional Peanut Butter-Drizzled Popcorn recipes. It is made with only peanuts and salt, whereas traditional peanut butter contains sugar, hydrogenated oils, and other additives. Natural peanut butter is also a good source of protein and fiber, which helps keep you feeling full and satisfied after eating.
It’s also worth noting that natural peanut butter tends to be more fluid than the original which will make it easier to pour after microwaving!
Is Cinnamon Good For You?
You may be surprised to learn that the answer is yes! Cinnamon has many benefits that can improve your health in a variety of ways.
For starters, cinnamon is a great way to add flavor to your food without using sugar or salt. It can also help regulate blood sugar levels, which is important for people with diabetes. Cinnamon has also been shown to reduce inflammation and protect against heart disease.
So next time you’re looking for a way to spice up your food, reach for the cinnamon! It just might be the healthy choice you didn’t know you were making.
Make sure to Pin It!
Bottom line: This Peanut Butter-Drizzled Popcorn recipe is a healthier alternative to traditional movie theater popcorn. Peanut butter and honey provide a delicious and nutritious sweet and sticky coating, while chocolate chips add a touch of decadence. So pop some corn and enjoy!
Peanut Butter-Drizzled Popcorn
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 6 cups air-popped popcorn
- 2 tablespoons chopped pistachios
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spread pecans single layer on baking sheet and bake 5 minutes. Remove from oven, stir, and bake 3 minutes, or until lightly browned and aromatic. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- Mix popcorn, pecans, pistachios, dried fruit and cinnamon in large mixing bowl.
- Microwave peanut butter in heat-safe measuring cup on MEDIUM 30 seconds, or until thinned.
- Pour peanut butter over popcorn and stir.
More recipes to try:
No Churn Peanut Butter Apple Pie Ice Cream