Cool down with this naturally sweet treat. Made with fresh apples and all your favorite apple pie spices, this No Churn Peanut Butter Apple Pie Ice Cream is prepped in under 10 minutes and ready to enjoy in just 3 hours. While this post is sponsored by JAZZ Apples, the recipe and our love of apple desserts are our own.
When you think of apple pie, what do you think of? Holidays? Time with friends and family? A cool fall day snuggled up by a fire watching TV? Maybe a nice scoop of ice cream on top.
Well, it’s in the middle of summer and we decided that apple pie doesn’t have to be just for the fall. You all loved our No Churn Chocolate Sweetpotato Ice Cream so much, I made another cool summer treat.
You guessed it….Apple Pie Ice Cream.
Oh, and I added peanut butter for extra creaminess. You’re welcome. Plus, who doesn’t love apples and peanut butter?
Peanut Butter Apple Pie Ice Cream Key Ingredients
Reduced fat peanut butter
Reduced fat coconut milk
Reduced fat graham crackers
Sugar, brown sugar, butter and vanilla extract
That’s it! I actually had all the ingredients here at the house besides the coconut milk. We almost have JAZZ apples here since they are perfect for snacking. Actually the only time I really don’t have apples in the house is when we eat them all 😉
Can you make this Peanut Butter Apple Pie Ice Cream nut-free?
Sure can! Feel free to use whatever nut-free butter you would like.
Can you use an ice cream maker?
Of course! I, personally, have never used one, so I’m not sure how that would change things in the instructions, but I do know that if I can make it no churn, you can make it with an ice cream maker.
How long does it take to make no churn apple pie ice maker?
This creamy, delicious PB Apple Pie Ice Cream was prepped and ready in toss in the freezer in under 10 minutes. You just have to peel and cook the apples and while those beautiful JAZZ apples are cooking, you blend the peanut butter, coconut milk and vanilla extract. Once you have your apple pie ice cream in the freezer, it will be ready to enjoy in about 3 hours.
Why we love apples
- Apples are delicious.
- Apples are nutritious.
- They are an easy and healthy snack option.
- They are versatile, you can use them in baking and in ice cream 😉
- They are a good source of fiber.
Well, are you ready to make some Peanut Butter Apple Pie Ice Cream? I know I am! I have already made two batches since last week!
Peanut Butter Apple Pie Ice Cream
- 1 Bread Pan
- 2 JAZZ apples peeled and diced
- 1 tbsp salted butter
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 13 1/2 oz room temp reduced fat canned coconut milk shaken
- 1/2 cup reduced fat creamy peanut butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 whole reduced fat graham crackers broken up into pieces
- In a medium skillet, combine the apples, sugars, butter, and cinnamon over medium-low heat.
- Cook and stir for about 10 minutes until the apples have softened and released their juices. Cool completely, then chill thoroughly in the fridge.
- While the apples are cooking, make the ice cream base by getting out your food processor and adding the peanut butter, coconut milk, vanilla extract and salt. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the ice cream base into a bread pan or freeze-safe container. Place in the freezer.
- Freeze ice cream base no longer than 15 minutes. Remove from freezer and mix in apples and graham cracker crumbs, reserving a few tablespoons for serving.
- Place back in the freezer.
- The edges will start to freeze first and you will want to stir every 15 minutes in to ensure an even creamy texture. Do this at least 3 times.
- Your Peanut Butter Apple Pie Ice Cream will be ready to enjoy in about 3 hours.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and remaining graham cracker crumbs.
- Serve with JAZZ apple slices.