Ready for a fun new healthy holiday treat? These adorable Grinch Fruit Kabobs are a fun and festive holiday snack to make with your kids! They are easy to assemble and delicious to eat during the Christmas season.
All season we attempt to make some new recipes and ideas that we can make with our children. Last year we made some Red-Nose Reindeer Snacks and a couple weeks ago we made some Rudolph Grilled Cheese. The kids seem to get a kick out of our themed treats. Well, we watched The Grinch the other night and I was inspired. These Grinch Fruit Kabobs are easy to make, family friendly, and the perfect snack for your next movie night.
I know around the holidays it is easy to turn to cookies and chocolates especially as friends and family make and pass them out. So we try to come up with some less sugary ideas that we can still enjoy as a treat. It can be tempting to whip up some more classic recipes and especially if some of them are family traditions. Turn green grapes, banana slices, strawberries and mini marshmallows into a festive snack to enjoy while cozying up on the couch to watch How the Grinch Stole Christmas.
For some tips and tricks on how to avoid some of the sugary treats during the holidays, check out our Balancing the Holiday Sugar Rush episode.
Hosting a Christmas classroom party? Give all the kids the ingredients and let them assemble themselves as a fun activity. Or of course these would pack up great for the lunchbox, too. Looking for more fun snacks for the holiday season? We’ve got you covered with these ideas!
Key Ingredients for these Grinch Fruit Kabobs
- Strawberries– as one of our favorite fruits at our house, strawberries pack a punch with Vitamin C, fiber, and potassium. They make up the Grinch’s hat in this kabob. Just wash them and slice off the greens on top before placing onto the skewer.
- Green Grapes– as the Grinch’s head, grapes are a great bite sized snack. Grapes are great for your heart health, can help build strong bones, are loaded in anti-oxidants, and are great for your dental health, too.
- Bananas– as part of the Santa hat, the slice of banana is just perfect on these fruit skewers! Bananas are of course loaded with potassium, high in fiber, and are great for our digestive health.
- Mini marshmallows– these little fun marshmallows are the top of that hat and just the perfect amount of sweetness for this recipe!
How to assemble these Grinch Fruit Kabobs
First grab out some wood skewers and wash and prep the fruit.
Then thread one grape, banana slice, strawberry and mini marshmallow onto each skewer.
Enjoy right away or refrigerate until ready to serve! Enjoy!
Make sure to PIN IT!
Check out our How to Freeze Grapes + Health Benefits Of Grapes
Grinch Fruit Kabobs
- 8 green seedless grapes
- 1/2 banana cut into 8 slices
- 8 small strawberries
- 8 mini marshmallows
- 8 skewers
- Thread one grape, banana, strawberry and marshmallow onto each skewer.